• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hedgehog and spud-gun are being castrated/ they are OK

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:? :( :( :(

the vet has agreed to neuter them both in the morning, despite Hedgehogs lack of growth. I am worried sick and feel incredibly guilty but don't know what else I can do.

Hedgehog is completely ruled by his hormones, he is humping 23 hours a day. It is stopping him from eating and sleeping and is making his neurological problems so much worse. I have managed so far to keep the boys together despite quite a few fights as Hedgehog become distraught when seperated from his brother.

please can we have loads of vibes, as you know our track record with neuterings and Hedgehog still seems such a vulnerable little baby :(

Last edited:
Tons of vibes for them Liz. I really hope everything goes ok, I know how special these 2 are to you.

Fingers crossed for them both.
Is there such thing a chemical castration for buns? I think I read somewhere it can be done for cats.....which would rule out the risk of going under?
sorry if that's total garbage....brain not functioning :oops:

I missed this last night. :( I'll be thinking of you and the boys this morning.

I really hope that both ops go well and that today will see the end of your bad run with neuterings.

Fingers crossed for them both.
Is there such thing a chemical castration for buns? I think I read somewhere it can be done for cats.....which would rule out the risk of going under?
sorry if that's total garbage....brain not functioning :oops:

Mentioned it to my vet and he said that there isn't anything for buns and he doesn't like chem castration for cats as sometimes it doesn't work properly :wave:

Mentioned it to my vet and he said that there isn't anything for buns and he doesn't like chem castration for cats as sometimes it doesn't work properly :wave:

there is chemical castration but unfortunately the chemicals can make neurological problems worse so it wouldn't have helped Hedgehog.

No. I am hoping no news is good news :)

Waiting for lettie's x-ray results too so am a complete wreck this morning :oops:

aww im also in the 'sat here waiting for the phone call' brigade this morning... its horrible isnt it! I should be doing house work, washing, ironing on my day off but I havent done anything yet!!

hope its good news for us both!

aww im also in the 'sat here waiting for the phone call' brigade this morning... its horrible isnt it! I should be doing house work, washing, ironing on my day off but I havent done anything yet!!

hope its good news for us both!

I am still in my pj's :oops: just can't get going and I have a new bun arriving in an hour too :?

Back