• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ollie was clipped today!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

Got Ollie clipped today. He looks gorgeous as usually and the groomer did a fantastic job and I love it. :D Anyone think this is cruel, and I'm lazy and uncaring for doing this? (as I have been told by some people (not on here)).

Photo00601.jpg

Photo00621.jpg

Why on earth would this be cruel? Or lazy and uncaring? He looks stunning. I'm sure dogs feel abit better after a good clipping. Especially when the weather is getting warmer.

Why on earth would this be cruel? Or lazy and uncaring? He looks stunning. I'm sure dogs feel abit better after a good clipping. Especially when the weather is getting warmer.

thank you very much. people say to me that there's no point in owning a long haired breed and then clipping them, and that getting rid of the coat makes them overheat in the summer and freeze in the winter (i've never had a problem with this with ollie to be honest). I tried to manage the coat, but couldn't, he ended up with matts, so the best thing for him was to clip him short all over. I personally love the way he looks, it's brings out his roaning, but people will have opinions over everything.

certain breeds do require clipping and spainels i feel is one, though more so in the hotter months, but does look like a good job has been done

its blimin clipping fancy styles for shows that bug me the most

If he had matting then he will be much more comfortable now. I don't agree with giving animals silly hair cuts just so they look 'funny' as an accessory but a normal trim is perfectly fine in my opinion.

Totally agree with the above. If clipping is done for the health and wellbeing of the animal concerned then it can only be a good thing. Stupid haircuts for the show ring are another thing entirely :roll:.

I think your dog looks great :D.

Personally I like the hair left on, but you've done the right thin if you are not able to care for it properly, it can be hard work!

I dont think its cruel at all. We used to have a cross collie and she hated being brushed and used to go and hide as soon as she saw the brush coming so used to get quite matted, we had her clipped every year as soon as it started getting warmer and you could immediately tell she felt much more comfy - she used to bound all over the place! :D

ready for the summer what a great idea... my bros dog milly would love it im sure :D:D:D

hes very handsome :love::love::love:

Back