• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Speckles and George in their new chicken coop

speckles

Young Bun
Speckles and George in their new chicken coop after being to the vets.....they had a rough few days after being castrated but enjoying life...they had a fight today for the very first time but have since settled down....Im hoping its a one off!!!!!

170.jpg

Aaahhhhhh, now, I saw this chicken set up at the garden centre the other day and thought it would be good for rabbits - and you have added a run on the end so they have extra space, which is great. Look at that lovely little side door with the window lol ! Do they like the sleeping area and is it easy to clean out ?

I've just got this for my 2. Only problem is they wont go down the ramp :( They've been in since Sat and still wonrt come down, theyv just huddle up in the hutch bit :cry: They seem happy enough but it is no way near enough room. Do yours use the ramp ok?

Hi there.....to aswer the questions yes its easy to clean as it has a slide out tray...it cost 109 pound on ebay with free delivery......lid lifts up and it has doors and lids everywhere and you open the door and close them up at night via the metal rod that you can see hanging from the outside....yes lovely windows to peer in....just love this coop....also I had the same problems with the ramp in the end I put them in the run part and put the food carrots etc in the bed they soon smelt it and worked it out what to do....now they keep running up and down it all the time lol:lol:

I love these little coops! I want one for my bantams but Dad won't let me put anything else in the garden because it 'looks like a shanty town' :lol:

I've had ramp issues before - I think the buns were scared of slipping down as they can be quite steep. I popped two bricks under the end of my ramp so it wasn't so steep and the buns went up and down happily. They had a little jump at the bottom though, but bunnies like jumping so that was fine! :D

Back