• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties going to have his heart ultrasounded!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
went to see my usual vet ellen today with bertie as a check up from a week ago. his ears are still a bit waxy but no sign on redness or smell..yay!.

his sore toes are no where near as bad as they were a week ago. yippee.

ellen has said she can concoct a baytril mix to go in directly into his ears so even if the drum has perforated it wont infect it etc. first time id heard of that!

anyway shes not convinced his heart is why he had the seizure..shes more in the idea that its his ears even with no other neuro probs...or at worst EC even tho no other symptoms.

she said hes safe now to be panacured..i must panacur him for up till the scan and if its not his heart..then he must have the 28day dose after all.

hes lost weight she said...quite a bit...but she doesnthave emsworths details. think i need them to fax details back across.

i have just had a phone call.....berties going to have his heart scan on 12th april. i drop him off at our local branch..and then she taakes him to the hospital and brings him back for me to colelct in the afternoon.

thats if he survives the stress......

thankfully he wont have to have a GA

hes chomping his pellets right now.had a nice pile of fresh mint and has had a hay munching sess in his tray. i do love my big old boy xx

so...now i need to try and not to panic over the scan...

ellen says she reckons itll come back ok but she said you never can tell..but its one thing to eliminate with his breathing and the fit.
she even said some muscle sasms in bunns can resemble a fit..oh no says i..he was def having a fit..i held his head in my hand/arm whilst his eyes rolled and he was chewing and throwing back his head and paddling his paws.

poor bertie.

i think even if i do not find out what is wrong..at least eliminating heart probs will be a relief after losing willow during an atrial fibrilation which one said after she died may have been an embolism. i could kick myself now for not being strong enough to ask for a necropsy that night.

but i have been panic stricken with bertie ever since...as she was also a french lop but a massive one..made bertie look small!!

anyone had an ultrasound on their buns heart before?

caroline...its going to be rob from your surgery doing it..hes a cardio bloke too.:wave:

I havent had an ulta sound done on a bunny but I really hope you get good news ref Berties heart xxxx

fingers crossed here they manage to rule out heart issues..

glad they are trying everything they can for him :D:D

Back