• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur growth after spey?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
How long does it usually take for fur to regrow....Marnie still has a bald little tummy from her spey in November/December.
Ollies never grew back either...but Bea's pretty much did :?

Ginger Bun had his poor little tummy shaved when the vet thought he had cancer. That took maybe 4 months to grow back.

Ginger Bun had his poor little tummy shaved when the vet thought he had cancer. That took maybe 4 months to grow back.

J is a meanie and teases her about it...boys eh?
She has some funny wispy bits....but no 'proper' fur. Could it be slower cause she is an inside bun?

J is a meanie and teases her about it...boys eh?
She has some funny wispy bits....but no 'proper' fur. Could it be slower cause she is an inside bun?

It could well be. Don't forget that they're getting they're losing their old coats anyway now - that won't be helping. I'm sure it will come back eventually.

I think it will depend on how they get rid of the fur (i.e. how close), and also their moult schedules.

Sandy was a 'tufty baldy' for many months (she grew fur down the spay line and that's it, nothing else for AGES!). It should grow back with moults though.

Inca was spayed in september last year, her fur is still a bit patchy round her belly!!

Back