• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very sad news

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday between 8.30pm and 12.30am the 'little-un' went to the bridge. He/she was around 9 weeks old.

I went in to the rabbit room at 8.15pm last night to give them all a snack of dried grass and Excell Country Garden Herbs the 'little-un' really liked the Excell herbs.

4 babies were in the big cage, mummy Brindle, Smurf and the 'lilltle-un' were free in the rabbit room. Everything seemed normal. When I went back in at around 12.30am the 'little-un' was dead.

Obviously this poor little one had more problems than just his splayed back legs, he looked perfect when he was born, one of the biggest in the nest, first to climb out of the nest and then over the last couple of weeks or so his back legs started splaying and the others started to quickly out grow him. He was still eating OK and joining in with the restof the the crazy gang but was a lot calmer and would sit by me for strokes and cuddles.

I am so glad I gave him the chance to free range outside the day before, he got to feel the sun on his back and the wind through his fur and nibble on the grass. Perhaps itis for the best that this little one has passed rather than spend however long suffering in some way as a disabled bunny.

At least he was born in the warmth and lived with his family in the rabbit room and always had plenty of food and hay.

He or she was so beautiful and touched my heart and will be burried in my garden. RIP 'little-un' we will not forget you.

Here he is on the top of the nest

Brinkitsday31.jpg

In the nest again

sknbabs2wks1day4.jpg

And trying to sneak some extra milk from mommy

sknbabs2wks1day6-1.jpg

Full of energy

sknbabs2wks1day3.jpg

Snacking with a Smurf

Babyhaytime3.jpg

Having breakfast with his family

Babybreakfast3.jpg

In the garden the day before he died

babygarden3.jpg

How sad :( but glad he enjoyed the sunsine on the grass and had a loving home. He has beautiful markings. Do name him- (I would have called him Scruffles)-sue x

oh no:( i was gazing at his pics just yesterday whilst he was in the garden:(

sleep tight beautiful baby xxxx

Aw Im very sorry. :(
At least you can be happy in the knowledge he had a wonderful 9 weeks of life though. :)

How sad :( but glad he enjoyed the sunsine on the grass and had a loving home. He has beautiful markings. Do name him- (I would have called him Scruffles)-sue x

He was waiting to go and see Auntie Angie and Auntie Tracy to have his bum looked at to determine if he was a boy or a girl which is why he was just known as the 'little-un'. Bless him/her.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :cry::cry: It's so sad to think that just a day ago we were all admiring photos of him/her outside enjoying the sunshine and now little-un's gone to the bridge. :cry: Sleep tight precious. xx

Oh no, I am so sorry. As you say at least he knew love and enjoyed his lasts days with you and his bunny mummy.

Binky free little one xxx

Back