• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who was it after a wildie? AbbysmokeyMistyFairy & Parsnipbun

I'm looking for a home for two (well, wildie crosses), but I'm sure that's not what you meant, so I'm just jumpiong on your bandwagon :lol:

:lol::lol:

Someone I know found a baby. She's been hand-reared & will be vacs shortly, but they can't keep her - they asked me to take her. I'm torn between actually wanting to:oops: & Doing What's Right.But I'm sure someone was looking for one not too-long ago.:D

hasn't someone got a boy wildie or wildie cross and they were after a female as he was a bit too skittish? i'm rubbish with names, sorry:oops:

Hi

it was me - but we tried Hawthorn with a wildie thanks to another rescue and it did not work:(.
We have also tried him with three different (single) non wildie females and two different couples to no avail. . . in fact he is still waiting to have his stitches out after the last attempt ended in tears:shock::shock:

Hawthorn will now be living alone for a while whilst we have a think . . .

Hi

it was me - but we tried Hawthorn with a wildie thanks to another rescue and it did not work:(.
We have also tried him with three different (single) non wildie females and two different couples to no avail. . . in fact he is still waiting to have his stitches out after the last attempt ended in tears:shock::shock:

awwww, sorry about that:( hope you didn't mind me mentioning him?

I found a boy wildie for my girl, so not looking for any more I'm afraid :(

Why don't you keep her Angie? They are really entertaining to watch and are very hardy...they do need a very secure enclosure though.

I found a boy wildie for my girl, so not looking for any more I'm afraid :(

Why don't you keep her Angie? They are really entertaining to watch and are very hardy...they do need a very secure enclosure though.

I read that as "very handy":roll::lol: I was like, What??? :lol:

I'm actually in the process of doing my new set up at the min, so at least I'll be able make sure it's secure enough as I build. It's actually my bunsitter who currently has her - think that's why she wanted her here - at least she'd get to see her:lol:

If she bonded with my group, it wouldn't really be a problem. But I don't really want anymore spare single buns at the min. I bonding Suki with Calel & Treacle at the weekend. That's gonna be fun:roll:

Hi

Awww, poor bunny. Was he aggressee or aggressor?

Hi

I have not been able to bond my wildie either, she just antagonises any rabbit we try her with into fighting back....even my Fiver which I never thought was possible. I think she just didn't learn the required social skills as a baby. :(

I have not been able to bond my wildie either, she just antagonises any rabbit we try her with into fighting back....even my Fiver which I never thought was possible. I think she just didn't learn the required social skills as a baby. :(

They can be little b*ggers Sooz. My girl is either terrified of males or bullies them...no in-between.

I think it works for our two because they were bonded in a large space and choose to ignore each most of the time...they don't even sleep in the same nest. The only time they seem to interact is around dusk.

They can be little b*ggers Sooz. My girl is either terrified of males or bullies them...no in-between.

I think it works for our two because they were bonded in a large space and choose to ignore each most of the time...they don't even sleep in the same nest. The only time they seem to interact is around dusk.

Little b*gger is politer than a lot of the names she has been called here during bonding! :lol:

In all honesty, she does seem pretty happy in her own company and generally likes me to leave her alone too. All interaction is purely on her terms, probably another reason she is anti-bunnies....they cramp her style.

We thought we had done it with Fiver as he just let her see him off and generally avoided her and then she started to approach him but he got so fed up of being nipped everytime he moved he eventually let her know about it. :roll:

Awww, poor bunny. Was he aggressee or aggressor?

well Hawthorn isn't actually a wildie (he is a lovely grey sort of uppy eared) BUt we used to think he was the aggressor as he attacked everything on sight male or female - but now we know him better we realise he is just plain terrified of other rabbits. He was handed in to a rescue with a lot of wounds on him originally as a 'stray' and although at the time it was thought they might be old dog wounds (I did not see them) I am now thinking he was perhaps kept in a hutch with another male and they were fight wounds.

He managed to get very similarly placed wounds again after the last attempt at bonding.

Back