• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting the inside of shed/hutch?

Do you paint the inside of shed/hutch?

• Yes I do!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No I don't

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi,

How many of you paint the inside of your hutches/sheds?

I've never done this before but and thinking of doing so (mainly for cosmetic reasons I'm sure), just wondered what other people did - and also what you use?

I've used Garden Shades for the ouside and for some bits inside (you can't see if the photo as it's an old photo, but I've painted the inside of the main door and the shelf and the inner door), all in a lovely sage green.

15.jpg

Thanks

Hannah

I'm not sure yet.:? My shed is here & will be up in the next month, & I will be treating the outside. Can't decide if I'm just creating work doing the inside:oops::lol:

I do. Nearly all of mine are painted with Garden Shades. I find it helps seal the wood against any spraying etc and I can wipe clean. It also looks quite nice, with each shed, hutch and wendy in my garden being a different theme, as well as a different colour.

It's a bit of fun and practical too. Where there has been a tiny bit of chewing, I've had no ill effects but where I have chewers, I have added battens of untreated wood to the area so that the buns chew that in preference to the painted areas.

I'm not sure yet.:? My shed is here & will be up in the next month, & I will be treating the outside. Can't decide if I'm just creating work doing the inside:oops::lol:

I'm a bit the same - don't want to create work for myself but think it would look nice and "clean"...

I would have to pick a colour that goes well with the sage I have already painted the ouside with :)

First I need to give it a good scrub and hoover away some wayward cobwebs (which I didn't realise had built up in the roof a little - clearly I don't look above eye level when cleaning!).

Hannah

Yes with Heritage Shades brown. It makes it easy to clean anything nasty off, like slug tracks, mould, rabbit pee etc. You don't want it soaking into the wood.

Yes with Heritage Shades brown. It makes it easy to clean anything nasty off, like slug tracks, mould, rabbit pee etc. You don't want it soaking into the wood.

Oh "heritage" shades - you were posh like me then...

(now perhaps I should get my parents to buy it on the over 60s discount day!?!?!)

Hannah :)

Back