• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this is the final attempt...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
to get a wee sample. :(:( i refuse to do this to my girl again :cry::cry:

so in the crate she went, scambling about, her poor little legs were slipping all about the place :cry::cry::cry:

shes in the carrier now and stressed beyond stressed. i will give her two hours to pee and if she doesnt then the vet will have to think of another option. if this doesnt kill pearl itll be my end.

Has the Vet attempted a manual expression of her bladder ?

Poor you and Pearl, it must be stressful for BOTH of you :cry:

Has the Vet attempted a manual expression of her bladder ?

Poor you and Pearl, it must be stressful for BOTH of you :cry:

no cus i told her i was going to get it on tuesday in the crate :cry::cry: i didnt think shed slip so much.. another stupid idea of mine :oops:

no cus i told her i was going to get it on tuesday in the crate :cry::cry: i didnt think shed slip so much.. another stupid idea of mine :oops:

You aint stupid !!

TBH I'd leave it to the Vet. The stress on Pearl and you by far outweighs everything else. Try not to worry, although I know how hard it is not to.

i wont be doing it again thats for sure.. she looks like one of them tested on rabbits stuck in the carrier :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

she has started eating hay now, i just hope her bladder needs to pee soon

The vet should be able to express her bladder, would be alot less stressful and would also provide a better urine sample as it would be nice and fresh :D:oops:

not sure the vet will wait till the next 3 monthly checkup for a wee sample though :? at 80quid callout fee and a big fat doubt that sundays will be paid by petplan i dont think i can afford for her to come back out because ive failed to do what everyone else seems to find easy :(

not sure the vet will wait till the next 3 monthly checkup for a wee sample though :? at 80quid callout fee and a big fat doubt that sundays will be paid by petplan i dont think i can afford for her to come back out because ive failed to do what everyone else seems to find easy :(

I have NEVER been able to obtain a wee sample from a Bun other than by manual expression !! (which my Vet showed me how to do).

Dont talk yourself down Donna, you have done an absolutely brilliant job in caring for Pearl and her poorly heart and Alvin and his jippy tum !!

I have NEVER been able to obtain a wee sample from a Bun other than by manual expression !! (which my Vet showed me how to do).

Dont talk yourself down Donna, you have done an absolutely brilliant job in caring for Pearl and her poorly heart and Alvin and his jippy tum !!

really? never? these pair are so litter trained they just wont wee, alvin had to have a litter tray given to him at the vets before he would go..... im giving her till 9am then ill be phoning the vets to tell them if they want one theyll have to come get it.. i just wont tell ste ive spent even more on the card :oops::oops:

i knew she wouldnt do it.. shes moving about a fair amount now so i know she wants to go, she did it last time then went in the towel, but theres no towel today. my poor angel has no dignity left :cry:

i feel bloody evil thats for sure :(

first thing she did when i let her out was go on the litter tray :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

told the receptionist im not trying that again EVER.

my vet has a few days off now so i guess ill find out when shes back what she wants to do about the wee.

the new diruretic isnt ready to be picked up so i have to wait for a call.. good job i phoned first huh

Hopefully your vet will be able to get a sample from Pearl :)

I once tried to get one from one of my cats - shut her up in the bedroom with a small litter tray with those non-absorbent little white balls in. Gave up after 16 hours when Pepper still hadn't used it. Poor girl hanging on for all those hours. In the end she was booked in to spend a day at the vets and gave them a sample within an hour of being there!

So, please don't feel bad Donna. I think it's a really difficult thing to do at home.

shes ok now, nice and calm..:love::love::love::love:

vets dont have the tablet they need though so i have to phone tomorrow as they are trying the other branches, was hoping for some serious fluid shifting too and maybe a head binky today :(

Sorry, I don't know if you've tried this before but when I've had to collect a sample, i just half filled a tray with hay only (nice non dusty hay) and that was enough to fool her into thinking it was "normal" and she did the deed. You then just suck it up in the pipette thingy without any hay bits.

Would that work do you think?

Sorry, I don't know if you've tried this before but when I've had to collect a sample, i just half filled a tray with hay only (nice non dusty hay) and that was enough to fool her into thinking it was "normal" and she did the deed. You then just suck it up in the pipette thingy without any hay bits.

Would that work do you think?

im not trying again, its not worth her stress. and her body is too weak to cope with the slipping too :cry: i did put a tea cloth over half with hay in but she slipped on the balls the first time i tried and wouldnt go near it again after that :( and today the carrier just wasnt the litter tray so she held on and just went frantic to get out... shes stopped panting now tho :love:

if the vet really needs this sample she will have to get it out of her. ive tried twice and both times were awful :cry::cry::cry: if she werent so poorly id not be worried, but the vet has said stress free as possible now and that was the most stress inducing thing i have ever done to the poor sod, not to mention tried to undo her litter training by trying to force her to pee somewhere other than her tray :oops:

today pearl has confirmed she will not wee for me lol

7.30am regular as clockwork shes in the litter tray peeing till her heart is content.. she must of been absolutely bosting yesterday and still didnt go until she was released..

how did i manage to find rabbits with stronger wills than mine :lol::lol::lol:

it took her all day to get over what i did to her yesterday and i fully expected to find a dead pearl this morning, even ste reakons i did some more damage to her heart than would of normally happened :(:(

feel loads better knowing no matter what the vets say i will not be trying anything stupid like that again. and if they have no choice but to withdraw treatment then i will let my angel go to sleep eternally altho i hope they dont do that just because i cant get a wee sample :?

Awww Pearl :love: These bunnies never do what we want when we want!

Hope she has a good day today :D:wave:

I think you've made the right choice - it sounds as though the stress of trying to get a wee sample from Pearl just isn't worth it. I hope Pearl has a happy day now her routine is back to normal. :D:D

Back