• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting toys for bunnies and piggies/ run attachment?

kerry-123

Mama Doe
I really want to make sure my animals aren't bored, the guinea pigs have some chewy things and an igloo to hide in but I want to make their cage a bit more interesting. Same with the bunnies, Oliver has LOADS of toys because he is a lone house bunny and has like a big tunnel, loads of chew things, a room to himself, lots of places to climb and hide and some noisey toys. I just want the girls in the hutch to have a bit more but want to make sure they have loads of entertainment and also how do you attach a run to a 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot hutch? I'm not sure how it works, we have a wee run now it's not massive couldn't give the measurements tbh but the hutch itself is alot higher up that the run so I don't know how to attach it?

I really want to make sure my animals aren't bored, the guinea pigs have some chewy things and an igloo to hide in but I want to make their cage a bit more interesting. Same with the bunnies, Oliver has LOADS of toys because he is a lone house bunny and has like a big tunnel, loads of chew things, a room to himself, lots of places to climb and hide and some noisey toys. I just want the girls in the hutch to have a bit more but want to make sure they have loads of entertainment and also how do you attach a run to a 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot hutch? I'm not sure how it works, we have a wee run now it's not massive couldn't give the measurements tbh but the hutch itself is alot higher up that the run so I don't know how to attach it?

nobody ? :?

It really is best for your rabbits to have access to a run at all times so try and attatch it if you can. To keep them busy, what do is thread fruit or veg. (apples pieces are a particular fave with mine) on a piece of string then hang it up! Also if you have some kind of little treats, sprinkle them into some hay then let them forage :)

I use to hang up stuffed toilet roll tubes to the top of their run :) Phone books and paper bags filled with yummy things and closed keep them playing for a while

you could hide treats under empty yoghart pots, or stuff empty bog rolls with hay, with a hidden treat inside. my rabbit likes to throw around empty potnoodle pots, you could buy a willow ball for them to chew on, you could get your piggies a cuddle cup or, get some empty cardboard box`s and make hole in it for them to run in and out of, you could buy some cardboard tunnels or some drainage pipes for them to run in and out of. you could get a cat litter try and fill it with hay and hide herbs or some of there other fave treats in for them to forrage for. you could buy a kebob. hope this helps, if i think of anymore , i will let u know.:wave::D

thanks but I don't know how to attach the run, the hutch is taller than it and like how can I make is secure??

Back