PDA

View Full Version : Senior Rabbit food.................

hannah.mc
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Guys, you're all such a wealth of info I wondered what the general thoughts were on senior bun food. My 2 (7/8ish and 6/7ish) are on science selective for breki (half a handful plus their probiotic) and I was wondering if senior bun food is worth considering or if it's a big con! Health problems wise he is on long term antibiotics for a dental abscess hence the regular pro-biotics.
Thoughts appreciated, thanks all xxx:love:

Rhian33
06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Both mine are on it as my oldest gets a dodgy tum if she has pellets which are too rich or too many pellets.

I have had my youngest on it from 10 months as the others were having it and he doesn't like to be separated from his wife bun so separate feeding wasn't an option. He has had no ill effects, is a normal weight and is healthy.

I like it as it's lower in calories so they are less likely to get podgy and has less calcium in so less chance of bladder sludge.

Mad Bunster
06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
The science selective ones are also higher fibre too - so thats always good for tummies!

hannah.mc
06-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Mine are don't really have weight issues as they're lucky and have access to lots of space and exercise. They're also on a fibre filled probiotic so is there much to be gained from senior rab food?

Santa
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I think Louise and Gus' bunnies are on the SS senior and they absolutely love it and are thriving on it.

I tried mine on it but Santa lost weight so I swapped back to normal SS. Shame really as I think it's better for her teeth and overall digestive health but as it seems to be lower calorie it just didn't suit her with her chronic ill health.

louise and Gus
06-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Yep my buns are on SS Mature, they love it and are doing really well, I also mix in a bit of Bunny Dreams Green Herbs http://greatdeals373.osa.pl/Bunny-GreenDream-Herbs-4-kg/ which seems to help Gus's teeth :)