PDA

View Full Version : Another rabbit on it's way soon!

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
.....which will take numbers up to 26! :shock:
I'll have to open as a sanctuary soon at this rate! :lol:

The newbie is an 8 year old unspayed girly who has a sticky bottom and sore skin because she's unable to keep herself clean :(

Becca
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Awwwww.
So pleased you are taking her on:love::love:

Lspacehopper
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I still think you're mad lol.
Have to say Amy, you have a heart of gold (hugs) x

bunnymadhouse
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
poor gilie ...nothing a good diet and a bit of TLC cant solve :)

Hugo's There
05-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Amy, are you planning on getting her neutered. We also have an unneutered 8 year old female arriving on wednesday. Our vets cut off point for neuters is normally 7 years :?

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Amy, are you planning on getting her neutered. We also have an unneutered 8 year old female arriving on wednesday. Our vets cut off point for neuters is normally 7 years :?

I'm not sure Liz...I'll have to see her before I make any decisions.

I have another 7 or 8 year old doe who I took in recently who really needs spaying due to hormonal behaviour. I took her into the vets for a check up and the vet was a bit dubious about spaying her because her bladder felt a bit thickened and she totally freaked out whilst she was there (throwing herself around like a wild animal :roll: )

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I still think you're mad lol.
Have to say Amy, you have a heart of gold (hugs) x

Yep, I'm certainly mad! ;) :lol:

This one is definitely the last one...you can hold me to that Laura!

Hugo's There
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure Liz...I'll have to see her before I make any decisions.

I have another 7 or 8 year old doe who I took in recently who really needs spaying due to hormonal behaviour. I took her into the vets for a check up and the vet was a bit dubious about spaying her because her bladder felt a bit thickened and she totally freaked out whilst she was there (throwing herself around like a wild animal :roll: )

Yeah, we had Missus spade due to her hormonal behaviour, and look how that turned out :( Nothing we could do about it though :cry:

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, we had Missus spade due to her hormonal behaviour, and look how that turned out :( Nothing we could do about it though :cry:

What was wrong with Missus Liz?

Bunnyaddict
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Yep, I'm certainly mad! ;) :lol:

This one is definitely the last one...you can hold me to that Laura!

Mmmmmm Amy don't agree with you being mad - but not sure about this is definitely the last one ;) I forget how many times we've said that before :oops:

You certainly have got a heart of gold - well done for taking her in :)

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Mmmmmm Amy don't agree with you being mad - but not sure about this is definitely the last one ;) I forget how many times we've said that before :oops:

Ah, but you don't think I'm mad because you have the affliction too Denise...I think we need to start a Bunny-anonymous group soon! :lol: ( :oops: )

Hunnybunny2007
05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
How many elderly, poorly buns do you have now, I think you do a fantastic job especially with working full time too - Well done Amy:D

sazzy
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't forget the bun and piggies aswell amy ;)

Bunnyaddict
05-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Ah, but you don't think I'm mad because you have the affliction too Denise...I think we need to start a Bunny-anonymous group soon! :lol: ( :oops: )

:shock: :oops: :lol:

What night of the week is best for you to attend Bunnyholics annoymous Amy? ;) :lol:

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
How many elderly, poorly buns do you have now, I think you do a fantastic job especially with working full time too - Well done Amy:D

I'm not doing too bad atm Sue...4 oldies, and only 4 chronically ill (Bramble and Vernon the jaw abscess buns, Dominic with his pasteurella infections, and Tramp who doesn't really count because his medication has successfully kept his abscesses at bay for ages)

Hugo's There
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
What was wrong with Missus Liz?

By the time she got to us her uterus was riddled with cancer, it had spread through her entire liver and the morning of the spay the tumours on her liver had ruptured and she had internal bleeding in her abdomen :(

There was no indication she had cancer before the op, just severe hormonal behaviour :(

abbymarysmokey
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I've had some sad news that the bunny had to be pts due to a prolapse. It's such a shame that she never even arrived here :cry:

antigone
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm so sorry :(

Hugo's There
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh thats awful. I hate it when that happens. We have been through that 5 times in the past few weeks :(:( i am scared to say we will take any more in that have to wait for space or treatment to finish as I feel like we are jinksing them all :(:(

Binky free little bunny xx

Hanlou
12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I've had some sad news that the bunny had to be pts due to a prolapse. It's such a shame that she never even arrived here :cry:

Aw am so sorry xx :( xx

Hunnybunny2007
12-04-2010, 09:13 PM

So sorry Amy, that's so sad:cry:

Lspacehopper
12-04-2010, 10:29 PM

Awwww.... that's sad :(
Sorry Amy (hugs) xx

Suzanne
13-04-2010, 08:12 AM
aww poor thing. So sorry. :(

Bluesmum
13-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Oh no!
Binky free little bun :cry::cry: