• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another rabbit on it's way soon!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
.....which will take numbers up to 26! :shock:
I'll have to open as a sanctuary soon at this rate! :lol:

The newbie is an 8 year old unspayed girly who has a sticky bottom and sore skin because she's unable to keep herself clean :(

Amy, are you planning on getting her neutered. We also have an unneutered 8 year old female arriving on wednesday. Our vets cut off point for neuters is normally 7 years :?

Amy, are you planning on getting her neutered. We also have an unneutered 8 year old female arriving on wednesday. Our vets cut off point for neuters is normally 7 years :?

I'm not sure Liz...I'll have to see her before I make any decisions.

I have another 7 or 8 year old doe who I took in recently who really needs spaying due to hormonal behaviour. I took her into the vets for a check up and the vet was a bit dubious about spaying her because her bladder felt a bit thickened and she totally freaked out whilst she was there (throwing herself around like a wild animal :roll: )

I'm not sure Liz...I'll have to see her before I make any decisions.

I have another 7 or 8 year old doe who I took in recently who really needs spaying due to hormonal behaviour. I took her into the vets for a check up and the vet was a bit dubious about spaying her because her bladder felt a bit thickened and she totally freaked out whilst she was there (throwing herself around like a wild animal :roll: )

Yeah, we had Missus spade due to her hormonal behaviour, and look how that turned out :( Nothing we could do about it though :cry:

Yep, I'm certainly mad! ;) :lol:

This one is definitely the last one...you can hold me to that Laura!

Mmmmmm Amy don't agree with you being mad - but not sure about this is definitely the last one ;) I forget how many times we've said that before :oops:

You certainly have got a heart of gold - well done for taking her in :)

Mmmmmm Amy don't agree with you being mad - but not sure about this is definitely the last one ;) I forget how many times we've said that before :oops:

Ah, but you don't think I'm mad because you have the affliction too Denise...I think we need to start a Bunny-anonymous group soon! :lol: ( :oops: )

How many elderly, poorly buns do you have now, I think you do a fantastic job especially with working full time too - Well done Amy:D

How many elderly, poorly buns do you have now, I think you do a fantastic job especially with working full time too - Well done Amy:D

I'm not doing too bad atm Sue...4 oldies, and only 4 chronically ill (Bramble and Vernon the jaw abscess buns, Dominic with his pasteurella infections, and Tramp who doesn't really count because his medication has successfully kept his abscesses at bay for ages)

What was wrong with Missus Liz?

By the time she got to us her uterus was riddled with cancer, it had spread through her entire liver and the morning of the spay the tumours on her liver had ruptured and she had internal bleeding in her abdomen :(

There was no indication she had cancer before the op, just severe hormonal behaviour :(

Oh thats awful. I hate it when that happens. We have been through that 5 times in the past few weeks :(:( i am scared to say we will take any more in that have to wait for space or treatment to finish as I feel like we are jinksing them all :(:(

Binky free little bunny xx

Back