• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you brush a bunny's bum?

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
The bit at the end of it's back nearest the floor? I cant get the brush that far as it hits the floor/table. I've got 2 buns who I brushed yesterday and are now looking a little tidier except for the fluffy scruffy bit at the bottom :?

What sort of buns are they? Lops (and sometimes lop crosses) tend to get felted fur around their bums...the only way I've found to get rid of this is to wait until it's loose and pluck it out.

I sit on a stool and lay them over my lap with back feets hanging off the end so I am able to get to their bottoms!

What sort of buns are they? Lops (and sometimes lop crosses) tend to get felted fur around their bums...the only way I've found to get rid of this is to wait until it's loose and pluck it out.

I do this with Lottie and George, its very therapeutic! Which bunnies is it Sarah? xxx

i hold up their bums while my mum brushes them :oops:
get someone to put their hands infront of the backlegs, and lift up the bum.
so that the bum is in the air while the head is down low.. if you get me :?
:oops:

Ones a lionhead lop cross and the other is a harli nethie cross who's got a fluffy coat and seems to moult all year round! What's felted fur?

I do this with Lottie and George, its very therapeutic! Which bunnies is it Sarah? xxx

It's Paddy and Rainbow, but especially Rainbow! He was looking a right state yesterday with his fur moulting everywhere - all over our new black carpet too :lol: he's looking a little bit better now, apart from the bottom bit. You know what he's like for being held too, so I have to follow him round with the brush and brush him on the move :lol:

i hold up their bums while my mum brushes them :oops:
get someone to put their hands infront of the backlegs, and lift up the bum.
so that the bum is in the air while the head is down low.. if you get me :?
:oops:

I think I can just about imagine it :lol: paddy might let me do this
but rainbow definately won't :roll: I'll try it with paddy tho :D

I prefer metal combs for this area, and gently work through it. I generally also (bunny permitting) cradle them on their back like a baby to do it too.

Back