• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The joys of special needs bunnies!!!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
What a couple of days, and of course it all happens when the vets has shut :roll::roll:

I have Elwood with a possible tumour, which is breaking my heart :(

Lettie is deteriorating again rapidly and is booked in to see the vet Tuesday evening.

Leela's face is a complete state.

Maggie May went into stasis again last night, which she does on a regular basis for no apparent reason, thankfully she has recovered without the need of a vet this time.

I only slept between 6.30 am and 8.30am this morning as we moved Summer and Revel up into Summers dog crate yesterday morning. And all hell broke loose once the lights were out :roll:

I have Hedgehog and Spudgun booked in for Neuters on wednesday. And even though it will probably be against my vets wishes I am going to insist that they neuter hedgehog despite him not growing. He has no quality of life at the moment as his hormones have taken over his body, he can't eat or sleep and his neurological problems are getting worse. I am convinced it is the hormones doing this to him and that neutering is the only chance he has of thriving. Doesn't stop me felling like :censored: about it, and if the outcome is bad news I shall never ever forgive myself, but what else can I do??

And now to top it all off, Roxy has just had her first seizure since she came to us :(:(

But I still wouldn't have it any other way. I only have to stick my head round the lounge door and see little Wesley snugled up with the boys, or pop up the garden for some quality Dave cuddles. I have had quite a few of those this morning, and Dave does give the best cuddles :love::love:

Sending vibes for all your poorly bunnies. You do a fab job with them all. It must be so heartbreaking for you. Little Wesley is adorable and I hope Elwood has some good news as he is my favourite. I always love to see piccies of him.

stress stress stress stress :shock::shock::shock::shock:

its brilliant you choose this way hun :love::love::love: they are all so lucky to have found you.

i certainly never want to see a special needs animal again. as much as i love that 10mins twice a day when pearl eats her pellets from my hand and the little cough of panic when she realises Alvin is after her pellets but she cant eat any faster :love:, or Alvin starts buzzing and circling again after a week of hunger strike.. i much prefer my sleep :lol::lol:

Sending lots of vibes to your poorly bunnies xxx
Sometimes I wonder if they know when the vets are closed and make sure that they get unwell then! :roll:

Oh Liz :cry: My heart just felt like it stopped, poor Roxy :cry: Is she acting ok now? :cry: I wonder whats causing them :(

So many poorly bunnies, i really dont know how you cope. Ive havent kept up with threads lately, im so sorry about Elwood :(

xXx

Oh Liz :cry: My heart just felt like it stopped, poor Roxy :cry: Is she acting ok now? :cry: I wonder whats causing them :(

So many poorly bunnies, i really dont know how you cope. Ive havent kept up with threads lately, im so sorry about Elwood :(

xXx

She was very subdued for a couple of hours but still managed to take a treat. But she let me put my hands in the cage and comfort her where as normally she would lunge at me and be at the door before I could get it open :(

She is brighter now and has eaten all her tea, but is still sleepy, so we will leave her in her cage today.

She only finished her course of panacur a couple of days ago, so it isn't good news for her :(

Oh gosh, what a weekend Liz! Sorry to hear about all the poorly bunsters, I had to use the emergency vet yesterday too £100 for an appointment! :roll:

I hope the boys neuters go well and sending vibes for all the other buns xxx

Thanks, luckily we have avoided the vet the past few days, but went up Saturday and have 3 booked in for tomorrow.

We have just discovered that Wesley can climb the first 2 stairs, little monkey :lol::lol:

What a weekend you have had! You do such a fantastic job.

Sending lots of vibes for your poorly bunnies and we'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for Hedgehog & Spudgun's neuters on Wednesday.

Tracy
x

Back