• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brand New British Vegetable!!!!

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Yes it's true - a BRAND new vegetable has been bred in the UK and is available now!

I was in M&S the other day looking for some lovely veg to have with our dinner when I found a completely new vegetable called "Flower Sprout". It's a hybrid cross between a sprout and kale, and is yummy!! It looks like a sprout, but with ruffly leaves, and tastes like kale. We had it steamed, and the buns had a leaf each to try (only tiny ones though).

They have since had a few more leaves and are well and truly converted. It's a wee bit expensive :)oops::oops:) at £1.50 a box (for about 18-20 florets) but really good for a wee healthy treat.

http://transatlanticplantsman.typepad.com/transatlantic_plantsman/2010/01/a-brand-new-vegetable.html

I saw that on gardeners world where they were planting the seeds. Only problem is its not a quick growing veg. The buns would love me thinks.

I bought some of those in M&S a couple of months ago and yes, they were very expensive. But I thought my buns and piggies are worth it so I splashed out and took them home. Would the little blighters touch them - no they wouldn't. They can have cabbage in future and lump it :roll::lol:.

i got an email bout this, but dubious im just to ole fashioned i like my ole traditional veggies

Back