• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie bad night - (update, weight gain!!!)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
im soo tired, i was woken up numerous times last night by rosie crying, as she couldn't get up from her side, soo i had to keep getting up to help her get up again :(

she seems okish now

Last edited:
aww poor rosie :cry::cry::cry: and poor you - I had a bad night too with Charlie so am also suffering from lack of sleep.

Hope she is ok xx

oh hun ive never heard a rabbit cry you must be really upset :cry::cry::cry::cry:

hope shes feeling a bit better this morning poor little angel xxx

she's been on her side nearly every minute today, i keep hearing scratting and its her trying to get back up :cry: i hope its because she is due her steriod injection as she has gone 10days this time, because of the back holiday weekened
she is at vets tomo soo see what happens from there

took rosie back to vets, i noticed while she was on vets table, her hair has gone on front leg, what has she been doing :?, anyway she was weighed, she at her lowest ever now 0.72kg :cry::cry:

vet gave her another steroid injection, see if it helps, i feel if it doesn't i may decide to let her go :cry::cry::cry:

took rosie back to vets, i noticed while she was on vets table, her hair has gone on front leg, what has she been doing :?, anyway she was weighed, she at her lowest ever now 0.72kg :cry::cry:

vet gave her another steroid injection, see if it helps, i feel if it doesn't i may decide to let her go :cry::cry::cry:

Awwww....bless you both :(

Poor Rosie ((hugs)) xx

got to try and get her eating more, soo science recovery time it is too, the only thing she touches these days is curly kale

Im really sorry she is not eating much.
And I hate to say this but I believe you will know when the time is right and when she has had enough.
All the best to you and your gorgeous girl. xx

I'm sorry she has been so poorly. It does sound like she is near the end now and there is not much you will be able to do to make her comfortable. Best wishes,

thanks, the vet said how is locksley with her. as she expected him to turn on her or be agressive with her as many animals can, when another is sick, but i said no, he would never harm anyone, he see's rosie lay on her side, and he thinks he has to do the same by her

Just a random suggestion - if she is quite sleepy/quiet during the night or for long periods in the day, could you try putting her into a large rat/ferret hammock? then she could sleep but not fall to either side. if you get a ferret one locksley would probably fit in there too. no idea if it would work, never tried it myself, just an idea.

Back