• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie not well / Im back :( - UD post 39 / another post 51 not eating again

I would imagine its emergency vets on a BH. I know my vets is closed until Tuesday.

Are you ok? Or rather, are your buns ok? x

Depends on the vets, mine are open and I should think Companion Care vets (in pets at home) are open. If your vet has a website look on there?

Hope all is ok?

Thanks I looked on the website and it doesnt say anything about Bank Holidays..

Im worried about Charlie - he is not himself at all, hes laying flat out (flopped) but isn't interested in his pellets and didnt even move when I came in the room usually hes running up and down his cage and on his back legs at the front of the cage when the pellets are coming! :( I can just tell something isnt right with him.

Will ring the vets first thing!

Ours are all emergency call outs on bank holidays, to be honest though if one of mine wasn't reacting to me and had no interest in food I would see a vet tonight

Hope he will be ok

Thanks I looked on the website and it doesnt say anything about Bank Holidays..

Im worried about Charlie - he is not himself at all, hes laying flat out (flopped) but isn't interested in his pellets and didnt even move when I came in the room usually hes running up and down his cage and on his back legs at the front of the cage when the pellets are coming! :( I can just tell something isnt right with him.

Will ring the vets first thing!

Yeah I would definitely see the vets tomorrow (or call emergency vet if he gets worse), for now I would make him move around, he probably won't want to but it helps, also see if you can give him some gentle tummy rubs and tempt him with food, maybe fresh grass, dandelions of whatever is his favourite? Also put his water bowl under his nose and see if he'll drink, make the water a little warm..

Ok im taking him to the emergency vets - only had 3 hours sleep and Its an hour away :cry::cry::cry: ohh dear all on a bank holiday - my boss will be pleased!! - and £50 for an apointment :shock: - oh my word...

Please can I have vibes for charlie - he needs some nomming and pooing vibes please

Poor charlie!

These things always happen on Bank Hols.

As well as having Damson with his stones we are coping with Comfrey having a fight and getting part of his lip bitten apart yesterday resulting in not eating!

Alas our 24 hour cover vets are rubbish so no point even taking him as we have all the meds they would even think of giving.

update

Im back - I had to leave Charlie there - she was quite worried about him and he is in stasis. He was absolutely terrified but did calm down after I held him for a bit - she said he was quite cold his temp was 35 - is that low?.

Thanks for saying the fee wasnt too bad - made me fee a little better - I paid £137 so far for Out of hours nurse, consultation and hospitaisation, Aquapharm, Zantac syrup, metoclopramide injection, injection, recovery food and metacam - She did say she was going to get his gut going and then once he's eaten and poo'd to maybe put him under GA and look at his teeth - does all this sound normal??

I really didnt want to leave him as its not my usual vets :cry::cry::cry:

Im back - I had to leave Charlie there - she was quite worried about him and he is in stasis. He was absolutely terrified but did calm down after I held him for a bit - she said he was quite cold his temp was 35 - is that low?.

Thanks for saying the fee wasnt too bad - made me fee a little better - I paid £137 so far for Out of hours nurse, consultation and hospitaisation, Aquapharm, Zantac syrup, metoclopramide injection, injection, recovery food and metacam - She did say she was going to get his gut going and then once he's eaten and poo'd to maybe put him under GA and look at his teeth - does all this sound normal??

I really didnt want to leave him as its not my usual vets :cry::cry::cry:

It sounds as though the Vet is very thorough and Bunny savvy :)

I hope that Charlie gets better soon.

Oh and 'yes' a Temp of 35 is very low and I am sure the Vet will also get Charlie on a heatpad/under a heat lamp to address this :)

Back