• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not using leg at all :-(

clairekaitlin

Warren Scout
My poor snuggs caught her claw in my mums rug a week ago and since then hasn't used her leg:( I thought at first she had just caught the nail as she was using it at first but now she has stopped using it completely (back leg) and sits still for most of the time:(
She doesn't seem to be in pain but her leg looks withered already:(
I am taking her vet asap but I just wondered if anyone had ideas?!?!?!
Cheers Claire xx

No ideas, definately sounds like shes done something to it, broken it/sprained it. Not sure what the vets will be able to do if she has broke it and its been left a week :( id call the vets first thing in the morning. She definately needs pain relief by the sounds of it :(

Is she eating ok? xxx

Did she pull the claw right off? If so it is possible that an infection has got in and travelled up her leg:?

I hope the vet is able to help. Why do these things always happen on a bank holiday :roll:

Sending lots of vibes for Snuggs xx

My poor snuggs caught her claw in my mums rug a week ago and since then hasn't used her leg:( I thought at first she had just caught the nail as she was using it at first but now she has stopped using it completely (back leg) and sits still for most of the time:(
Cheers Claire xx

Did you not take her to the Vet when she injured herself a week ago :?

If she is not using her leg at all now then she needs to see a Vet today. At the very least she requires some pain relief.

I hope that you are able to get Vet treatment for her today.

ETA- If she is very immobile and sits awkwardly she may have damaged a cruciate ligament. I have known of this to happen after what at first appeared to be a 'simple' pulled nail injury.

Last edited:
Did you not take her to the Vet when she injured herself a week ago :?

If she is not using her leg at all now then she needs to see a Vet today. At the very least she requires some pain relief.

I hope that you are able to get Vet treatment for her today.

ETA- If she is very immobile and sits awkwardly she may have damaged a cruciate ligament. I have known of this to happen after what at first appeared to be a 'simple' pulled nail injury.

When she first pulled it she was still using it, so please don't take that attitude with me, it is only the past 2 days she hasn't used it and no vets were open.
If you have followed my other threads about my poor Daisy you will see I would never allow an animal to suffer!
I am trying to find a way of getting her there now as I don't drive and have two children off for easter holidays.

No ideas, definately sounds like shes done something to it, broken it/sprained it. Not sure what the vets will be able to do if she has broke it and its been left a week :( id call the vets first thing in the morning. She definately needs pain relief by the sounds of it :(

Is she eating ok? xxx

In answer to you hun, yes she is eating and drinking fine, still binkying occasionally and playing with her new friend. xx

Cheers Claire xx

Thats not waht you said in your OP

When she first pulled it she was still using it, so please don't take that attitude with me, it is only the past 2 days she hasn't used it and no vets were open.
If you have followed my other threads about my poor Daisy you will see I would never allow an animal to suffer!
I am trying to find a way of getting her there now as I don't drive and have two children off for easter holidays.

I know what a fab bunny mummy you are and how hard you tried for Daisy :(.

I do hope you are able to find a vet you can get to today and that she is able to help Snuggs feel better soon.

You know where I am if you need anymore help :wave:

I was obviously misinterpreting your OP as I read it as he had been unable to use his leg for a week. This is a large forum and I just cant keep up with every post that everyone makes about their Rabbits.

I hope the Vet can help :)

Back