• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have your opinions please?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Boo was an outdoor bunny, I attempted to bond him with my group which was a failure and he ended up with a rip in his ear and so have split him. I have brought him inside for company but I have been told by my nan that I should put him back outside in a hutch, because she thinks rabbits don't belong inside & hes 'stuck in the house doing nothing' (flopped out on the sofa as we speak)

I just thought as he hates other bunnys that its best him having human company inside? Should I keep him in?

Boo was an outdoor bunny, I attempted to bond him with my group which was a failure and he ended up with a rip in his ear and so have split him. I have brought him inside for company but I have been told by my nan that I should put him back outside in a hutch, because she thinks rabbits don't belong inside & hes 'stuck in the house doing nothing' (flopped out on the sofa as we speak)

I just thought as he hates other bunnys that its best him having human company inside? Should I keep him in?

I would keep him in. :D x

I couldn't have put Jack outside when he was an only bun. (He won't be moving out just yet as it is given the chilly weather anyway....)

I would say it's not fair to move him in / out etc - the temperature at night is still really cold so it won't be good for him to be moved in and out. If he seems happy and content then I'd say keep him in. But that's only my opinion!

Oh no i wouldn't put him out until it got a bit warmer if i have to!
He loves being a housebun, he is so friendly and loves cuddles and gets along really well with the dogs & cats, just not other bunnys!

What I don't understand either is I have a group of 3 housebuns in my bedroom, and she says its like neglecting them because they aren't outside?

Oh no i wouldn't put him out until it got a bit warmer if i have to!
He loves being a housebun, he is so friendly and loves cuddles and gets along really well with the dogs & cats, just not other bunnys!

What I don't understand either is I have a group of 3 housebuns in my bedroom, and she says its like neglecting them because they aren't outside?

I think it's probably just a clash of what people think about the way rabbits should *traditionally* be kept. :p

Your nan probably has no concept in her head of a rabbit being a house-bunny and thinks they can't be happy unless they're outdoors in their 'natural environment'. If you can; you'll just need to explain to her that ideas have changed and you know of many, many *very* happy house-bunnies!

I imagine he'd be lonely outside in a hutch and if it wasn't a really big hutch with loads of space to run around then he'd be cramped and bored too. If he likes the house then he probably is getting more exercise running about there. Mine prefer outside but they have loads of room and each other.

Keep the wee man in if he's happy (does he have a binky in the house?) and don't listen to your nan (bless her), she's probably from the same era as my dad who still thinks all a rabbit needs is hay and a hutch. He thinks I'm mad giving my buns so much room etc!! :roll:

Haven't read the whole thread yet so not sure about other replies but if he is on his own then i would say keep him inside.
We have a house bun and he is very happy to be inside with us. Buns need to have company otherwise they get very lonely on there own.
i would say that the happiest bun is one that lives inside and gets lots room to run and lots of attention. :)

He doesn't binky properly, he just kicks his back legs a bit. he is so lazy, and tends to just sit in his litter tray eating hay or flopped on the carpet. I think he seems happy, and has much more room and company inside. I think my decision is pretty much made

I have put Frankie out after being in all winter. I did ask other peoples opinions, but got few answers.

I have to say he is much happier and more active than he was inside. He has other bunny company. Granite and Sophie are about 1 ft away in their run. And he can see Charlie and Belle too.

I think ultimately it is something you and your gran have to agree on at the end of the day.

Back