• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrumpie - U/D He's Now At Rainbow Bridge

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Please help me! All his back end has gone and I don't know what to do. The vet still hasn't got back to me will the test results other than he has a sever inflamation or something!

He's just laid all weird, and can't lift his legs

Last edited:
No real advice... except to say that Mr Fluffs gave me a scare with some unusual lethargy this morning, and metacam bought him round (I'd missed a does anyway). But Idon't know about Scrumpies background, so for now I'm sending lots of vibes that he will get better xx

Have you called the vet since you noticed?

How is he in himself? Eating? Drinking? Alert? Interested?

Try to stay calm around him because he will probably sense your distress (very hard sometimes, I know).

If you think its best for him to be PTS then as heart breaking as it may be, I know you'll make the best choice for him, even though it hurts you deeply.

Is there any way you can get him to a vet hun? Has this ever happened before? Does he have medical history? Apart from not being able to life his legs ( :( ) how is he in himself?

Definitely vets urgently. Unless he's in a huge amount of distress I wouldn't be thinking PTS, it may be something that can be sorted with medication or other treatment. Depending on how rabbit savvy the emergency vet is I wouldn't let them talk you into PTS unless you know what's wrong with him first.

Good luck and loads of vibes.

Thinking about what you've said previously, I'm wondering if it could be something pushing on the nerves to his legs or something such... maybe something that can be resolved.

One of my buns went totally off his legs once and It was EC he had no use of his legs for 10 days. Vet gave him anti-inflamatory injection straight away and I gave him further anti-inflam injections for 10 days. He also was syringe fed by me and had to be propped up by a towel and cleaned as he just weed on himself. He was also on a course of panacur. I really hope your little one is ok I'm sure you are so pannicked

One of my buns went totally off his legs once and It was EC he had no use of his legs for 10 days. Vet gave him anti-inflame straight away and I gave him further anti-inflam injections for 10 days. He also was syringe fed by me and had to be propped up by a towel and cleaned as he just weed on himself. I really hope your little one is ok I'm sure you are so pannicked

that's what i was thinking possibly EC related if paralysis

Have you called the vet since you noticed?

How is he in himself? Eating? Drinking? Alert? Interested?

Try to stay calm around him because he will probably sense your distress (very hard sometimes, I know).

If you think its best for him to be PTS then as heart breaking as it may be, I know you'll make the best choice for him, even though it hurts you deeply.

Not called them. he's been unwell for weeks & I have been nagging & nagging the vet to sort something out. They found 2 lumps in him & he went for an ultra sound and bloods. The vet had no clue about the result, it showed 2 different types of lump. She sent it to Franic Harcourt brown who had no clue either. The bloods showed a few different things - mainly severe inflammation of something, they were sending the bloods to FHB again, but have not heard back. I have rung several times now and no one rings back. I'd booked him in next Sat for his vaccines, and was hoping to get it sorted then, but it looks like it will be too late.

He is not alert, he is not moving, he is not interested in food and he is not able to move properly. I thought he looked odd yesterday, but he seemed a little better this morning. He's basically all limp. He normally bites and he just hasn't attempted to do anything other than let us handle him!

He is not alert, he is not moving, he is not interested in food and he is not able to move properly. I thought he looked odd yesterday, but he seemed a little better this morning. He's basically all limp. He normally bites and he just hasn't attempted to do anything other than let us handle him!

think positive

what meds has he been given ??

Not called them. he's been unwell for weeks & I have been nagging & nagging the vet to sort something out. They found 2 lumps in him & he went for an ultra sound and bloods. The vet had no clue about the result, it showed 2 different types of lump. She sent it to Franic Harcourt brown who had no clue either. The bloods showed a few different things - mainly severe inflammation of something, they were sending the bloods to FHB again, but have not heard back. I have rung several times now and no one rings back. I'd booked him in next Sat for his vaccines, and was hoping to get it sorted then, but it looks like it will be too late.

I'd forgotten you'd been in touch with FHB - why not contact them if they've been dealing with his case, they'd probably admit him and he'd be in the best possible place.

you need to call the vet asap in the mean time keep the bunny warm and make sure its taking in fluids
good luck

Try as hard as you can to stay calm. He NEEDS this from you atm

Are you waiting for a Vet to get back to you tonight?

What is SJ's respiration like and are his eyeballs flicking, either horizontally or vertically ?

Try to put him in a secure carrier with a warm but not too hot heat pad wrapped in a towel and placed under him.

Do not attempt to administer anything to him by mouth.

I hope the Vet contacts you very soon.

I agree definitely about warmth. He may be as he is due to shock.

Has he had pain relief and stuff?

If you think he needs to be PTS then I think it's time to call the vets now. You've done so much and fought so hard for and with him. He's so, so lucky to have you and be in your care.

Back