• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and guinea pigs advice please

amme

Warren Scout
We have 2 bonded rabbits one of which is very dosile the other is very protective and will bite me if I go near the other rabbit. My friends guinea pig has had babies and I am thinking about having one!!! Is it possible???? Or wouldn't you recommend it????
Also as you know my one bin has just been diagnosed with EC. If it is possible to have a piggy how long should I leave it?????

Do you mean you want to keep the guinea pig in with the rabbits?! This isnt advisable, they both need totally different diets and they can easily hurt each other :(

Guinea pigs are social creatures, so it'd be best to have 2 of the same sex from the litter, 2 females if you can, and keep them outside in a hutch. Think the minimum size for 2 piggies is about 4x2x2 :) Hope this helps? xxx

Yes it does help thanks. And yes I was going to keep them all together. Oh well no piggies then as I don't have room for anymore hutches

Back