• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heres one I made earlier! (Homemade toys)

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Mum and me always give the bunnies twigs from the trees but you give them a handful and then there all strewn about all over the place, so i got a big creative...and the bunnies love them!

You will need:
Natural Raffia
Scissors
Twigs, I use Pear, Apple, and Willow (But I have just used Pear for this batch)
Treats (I have used Carrotys)
toys041.jpg

toys042.jpg

Step 1.
Bunch together a handful of the sticks making sure they are similar sizes. Tie a knot of raffia around one twig, pull tight. Then wind around the other twigs. I recommend doing several individual winds, rather than one long continuous wind to avoid problems like buns getting tangled when it unravels.
toys043.jpg

Step 2.
Push treats inbetween the twigs. As many as required. Then take the raffia and do little winds around the sticks, so it keeps the treats inside!
toys044.jpg

Voila! Homemade Bunny Toys!
toys062.jpg

These toys help prevent boredom, i found my bunnies spent ages on these once they worked out some treats were inside, and even once they ate the treats they still nibbled at the twigs.

You can also try something a bit different, for bunnies who love to chuck things around, you could try making a spiderweb instead of the usual bunch of sticks, like this:
toys048.jpg

I personally recommend these toys only to be used whilst under supervision. I recommend the raffia is done in lots of little strands, knotted then tied, rather than continuously wound round

:wave:

Last edited:
I made them in the conservatory where i have two bunnies boarding with me at the moment, Charlie and Rascal, and they were watching me do it, digging at the carpet so i let them be the first to try one out! :love:

toys052.jpg

Rascal chucking it around!

Back