• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor broken leg bunny ...pic in stories and photos ...violet

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just had a call from vets ...they have had a stray bun handed in with a broken leg ..

we are taking it ..

poor girl will need it amputateing :(

Last edited:
Oh no :( Poor thing, I hope the Op goes well.

Please DON'T post pictures of her as I know how cute your bunnies always are and then I will want her :roll::lol::lol:

Oh no :( Poor thing, I hope the Op goes well.

Please DON'T post pictures of her as I know how cute your bunnies always are and then I will want her :roll::lol::lol:

weeeell ... we will be looking for an extra special home for her when she has recovered ;)

Mick has just gone to pick her up .. it is an old break on one of her back legs ..it is also dislocated . :(..she seems otherwise fit and well and doesnt seem to be in distress .. She will hopefully have the op on tuesday .

would have done it today if it had been bad enough but vet advised waiting and feeding her up for a few days :)

Last edited:
weeeell ... we will be looking for an extra special home for her when she has recovered ;)Mick has just gone to pick her up .. it is an old break on one of her back legs ..it is also dislocated . :(..she seems otherwise fit and well and doesnt seem to be in distress .. She will hopefully have the op on tuesday .

would have done it today if it had been bad enough but vet advised waiting and feeding her up for a few days :)

Ok, just show me one little picture then :lol::lol:

It breaks my heart to hear about these bunnies being left with old breaks, the pain they must be in is so awful. We have had a few here like that. I can sometimes sort of understand how people can be ignorant about dental problems and similar. But everyone know a break needs to be fixed, there is just no excuse :(:(

It breaks my heart to hear about these bunnies being left with old breaks, the pain they must be in is so awful.

You said exactly what I was thinking. :cry::cry: It's beyond belief, it really is. I was devastated after Alfie's dislocation and was at the vet within 20 mins of it happening and still didn't feel like I'd done enough. I can't comprehend what goes through some people's minds.

I hope it goes really well. :D:D

Back