• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catflaps in sheds?

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Can anyone advise on a good cat/dogflap that I can fit into my new shed so the buns can access the run? I'm still concerned that they're not going to figure out how to use the flipping thing, but hey ho... :lol:

We just cut a bunny-sized hole in our shed and didn't bother fitting a cat flap. There's a little wooden door that you can shut if you want to confine them to the shed for any reason but they LOVE to sit by the opening.

I have a hole in the wall of my shed, around the outside of the hole I have used battening on both sides to stop them eating the shed and making the hole bigger.

I have a hole with a slidey up and down piece - see pic
shed3.jpg

We just cut a bunny-sized hole in our shed and didn't bother fitting a cat flap. There's a little wooden door that you can shut if you want to confine them to the shed for any reason but they LOVE to sit by the opening.

Same here - I have a bunny door in the shed for the foster bunnies and have noticed they enjoy lying beside it poking their heads out to see what is going on :) :love:

I have the Cat Mate (small dog) flaps in ours, they soon get the hang of them. :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Mate-30...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1270373780&sr=8-1

I think I have the same one, its good because you can have it unlocked completely, or so they can only go in, or only go out, or completely locked, so its good for cleaning out the hutch and locking them in the run!

They get the hang of it pretty quick, one of mine took about 30mins, the other took overnight.

Just try opening the door, so they can see out, letting them hop through a few times, then gradually letting a little of the doors weight on their head as the hop through to get them used to the feel of it, and soon they'll get the hang of it!

Thanks for all the advice. I'm in the process of getting a couple of quotes for the shed/run setup to be custom made so final decision will be made then. :D
Think Dad thinks I'm totally mad taking up a quarter of my small garden with the bun accommodation but hey ho...

Back