• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why chase me for cleaning up his poops?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bertie has never beent he cleanest of buns but with his new litter tray hes only weed in protest once.
hes always pooped where he pleases sometimes half int he traay if he wants to...he also poops in his sleep:oops:

so why do i have to wait until hes asleep or up the other end of the lounge getting a nose rub from nikki or playing with the cats ..to sweep up his poops!?
he hears me if i use a soft broom or a dustpan and broom or even those swiffer mops which is practically silent!
he comes running at me nudging me round my ankles and pushes me forward and also attacks the broom etc.

i know my first bun and willow used to throw the dustpan in the air after grabbing it out of my hands!! but hes terrible!!:lol:

perhaps hes proud of his poo artwork?:shock::lol:

has no one got any ideas..or is it just too flipant a post?:(

seriously he gets wild mad...and to wash the floor takes nikki to take him into the hallway and try to distract him!!!!

he was only like it if i swept up near him and woke him up..hes never bothered about the floor being washed..but now..omg.

help?

:shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear! i have no idea why he would be doing that :lol:
maybe its him marking his area? :?

alvin doesnt like it when i hoover their cage either... and you should see how many poops he scatters to make it look how it was before i meddled :roll::lol::lol::lol:

I would guess that he sees it as a threat because he may use them to makr his territory, and so when they are removed its like that is being taken away too. Sky gets in a right tizz with me when I try and do it. Badger doesn't, but does follow me around pooing as I clear them up.

Is he neutered or does he have a friend? Panda was very anti the broom for a little while after neutering and would attack the broom - which is why he is called kung fu panda. He would matrix style attack it and your ankles. Since neutering and being in with the other bunnies he has calmed down a lot though.

I agree that it's classical territory marking behaviour. That's why he's so cross when you clean it away.

Why has he started so late in life?
He's just been very ill, & is perhaps feeling insecure about his place in the bunny heirarchy, so making his point MY PLACE, & I'm strong enough to defend it too. As Sky-O so rightly says it's spring when these issues tend to surface even in neutered buns. Perhaps it's both factors comming together at the same time?

Back