• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch flooring

beki

Mama Doe
suddenly dawned on my today i have to prepare the hutch for the bunnies to go back out this summer.

The hutch had a black coating on the floor of it, it was probably just paint. Anyway ruby peeled a lot of it off, and probably ate it! i want to put something else back on the floor so i can wipe it clean easily without soaking into the wood. I know Lino is good, and i was thinking of this but is there something i can maybe paint on? or is Lino really the best option?

for Lino i was thinking sheet lino rather than tiles (as i tried to stick tiles on another hutch last winter but it all came back off) but what is the best thing to stick it down with? that will be safe if it gets munched. also can I buy lino in quite small sizes from a regular carpet shop. I won't need more than about 3 meters.

I had the black paint in the bottom of my hutch too. I covered it with sheet lino. I haven't stuck it down, its look so I can easily take it out and wash it! As long as it has layers of paper and hay/straw (or whatever bedding you use!) It should keep it down. Mine certainly don't try and touch it.

You can usually get offcuts from carpet shops :) it might not match but will probably be cheap or free if you ask. I was lucky that I have a hotel full of the stuff ;)

Back