• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I dreaming or is this a bargain hutch? U/D it's 4ft :(

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Including postage £77 for 6ft hutch and run :shock::shock::shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-HUTCH-...et_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item414e65d5c0
*Size in listing is wrongly stated for anybody looking*

From listing:
" MATERIAL CHINESE FIR

· Depth: C H 110.4cm,

· Height: C H 136.5cm,

· Width: C H 180.5cm"

According to my calculations it's 6ft long, total height of hutch and run 4.5 ft - I think the hutch isn't as high as the run but *probably* 2ft tall. The run isn't quite 4ft depth - 3.6ft.

Not sure if Chinese fir is poor quality but I would be keeping the hutch under cover anyway .... Either I'm missing something or this is the bargain of the century :shock::shock:

(I've just bought one so it better be good :lol::lol: Mine had a free cover:D but if anybody else feels equally confident .... )

Seller has 4000 feedbacks and 100% positive, just what I like :love:

Last edited:
It says there returns,im always suspisious when he says he needs to be checked on delivery before signing for it

I'm frantically googling Rabbit Shack hutches to make sure they haven't got the dimensions wrong

They've also got a single hutch listed that hasn't got dimensions on but with it having 3 doors on the front it "feels like" a six foot hutch, it is only £28 :shock: I *think* it may be 5.5ft but I'm not sure .. *goes off to google again* :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
It says there returns,im always suspisious when he says he needs to be checked on delivery before signing for it

Happy Hutch say that though, it's in case the couriers bash it, allegedly. Fair enough I guess from the seller's point of view.

I imagine the quality won't be great but still a bargain. I think most large deliveries say check delivery before signing...

This is what Google has found for the £28 hutch :shock:

"Single Rabbit Hutch

RS-102, 60"

66L x 21W x 24H""

It's only the width it's lacking in, but put on a run it would be acceptable ....

This is what Google has found for the £28 hutch :shock:

"Single Rabbit Hutch

RS-102, 60"

66L x 21W x 24H""

It's only the width it's lacking in, but put on a run it would be acceptable ....

Tries very hard not to giggle, I have a far too mucky mind :oops:....................

:?
The size and weight specifications are identical to this listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHICKEN-HOUSE...tZUK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry?hash=item414e65d349

:? I've a sneaking suspicion that I've bought a 4ft hutch where the description has been cut and pasted from this listing, then seller has forgotten to change details :roll:

... time will tell... I've asked, I've a horrible feeling it was too good to be true :cry:

How long did you buy it, if you've contacted him now it might be ok to change as I doubt he's sent it on the holiday weekend :wave: Defiantly seems the description of the chicken coop as says poultry housing a the top :( Maybe try being cheeky and get him to knock you up a hutch to those dimensions now for that price! :D

:?
The size and weight specifications are identical to this listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHICKEN-HOUSE...tZUK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry?hash=item414e65d349

:? I've a sneaking suspicion that I've bought a 4ft hutch where the description has been cut and pasted from this listing, then seller has forgotten to change details :roll:

... time will tell... I've asked, I've a horrible feeling it was too good to be true :cry:

If it isnt as described in the listing you'll be able tog et a full refund anyway, so dont worry hun. If it is as it says then its a complete bargain!! Do let us know when it arrives :) xxx

How long did you buy it, if you've contacted him now it might be ok to change as I doubt he's sent it on the holiday weekend :wave: Defiantly seems the description of the chicken coop as says poultry housing a the top :( Maybe try being cheeky and get him to knock you up a hutch to those dimensions now for that price! :D

He definitely won't have posted it, I bought it at the same time I did the post, yeah, the chicken coop wording was the bit that got me suspicious in the first place. He's importing self-assembly hutches so I can't see it being any outcome other than refund.... I was just so happy to have found a bargain :cry: I still think I've got a bargain with the 5.5ft hutch so at least not all is lost.

What winds me up the most is I nearly bought a 6ft hutch from (I think it's called) The Rabbit Hutch Shop last weekend, they were £95, I waited for pay day and all of a sudden now they are £117 for the identical hutch :shock::shock:

I think I'd be better just making a hutch myself instead of all the messing about I've done trying to find one.

*mutter... mutter ... mutter* :lol::lol::lol:

If it isnt as described in the listing you'll be able tog et a full refund anyway, so dont worry hun. If it is as it says then its a complete bargain!! Do let us know when it arrives :) xxx

*hopefully* he won't get to sending it out, I'd have the bother of sending it back if it's wrong and I can't be bothered with all that faffing about.

I just hate being so disappointed when I think I've got a bargain then it turns out I haven't.

Oh, that's a shame. :(:( Lucky you noticed before he sent it though, and then have the faff of returning it. Hopefully the refund should arrive soon.

Back