• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Q about Mixi vac

beki

Mama Doe
I just had a letter through from the vets reminding me that reggie is due for his Mixi vac in about a week or so. Ruby is due in early may. As the vets are now closed so i can't call them to as i thought i would ask here :) is it OK for me to either a) wait until may for Reggie to get his Mixi vac when ruby has to go for Myxi and VHD or, b) take Ruby along for VHD and Mixi at the same time as I take reggie for Mixi?

As they have only been bonded since just before Christmas i have decided i want to take both bunnies together as i am afraid of ruby beating up poor reggie when i bring him home with a different smell so though it easier to make one trip rather then 2 trips with both bunnies.

Both bunnies are indoors at the moment and probably won't be going outdoors until at least the end of the month and we are in a built up area so no wild rabbits nearby (but there are foxes) so would it hurt to make reggie wait until nearer the end of the month for his jabs?

help would be appreciated. thanks :)

I'd take them both to get the Myxi vac this month (April)
The VHD cannot be given at the same time, there needs to be a 14 day gap. So you can then take Ruby back for the VHD Vac at the beginning of May and Reggie can just tag along for the ride :)

thanks Jane :) i forgot about that gap...well if it has to be two trips it will just have to be two trips :) it saves me three trips and they can both sulk over the Mixi vac together.

Back