• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worst possible news/ pics post 32

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am a bit shell shocked at the moment :shock::(:(

We just popped Elwood to the vets as his eye was a little runnier than ususal as was his nose. He has had these problems on and off all his life and baytril normally does the trick. His discharge is always clear and it never stops him eating or playing.

So we assumed it would be the same today. But the vet has completely thrown us by saying she thinks he has a tumour in his nose :cry::cry: I can't believe it. She has given him 10 days of baytril in the hopes that she is wrong, if there is no change after that he needs x-rays to confirm. And obviously if he deteriorates we will get it done sooner.

I don't know what I would do with out my Ellie, he is my special boy. I feel like he IS Rainbow Rabbits and without him there would be no sanctuary :cry::cry: Elwood looks after so many bunnies for me, he is like my right hand man. He is the most special bunny :love::love:

Please can we have infection vibes, rather than it being a tumour?

Last edited:
Oh, I so hope its an infection!

He's so, so special, I truly hope its nothing serious.

Oh no no no!!! Lots and lots of "please be an infection" vibes Elwood is too special to loose, he needs to be there to look after all the waifs and strays that come your way :cry: :cry:

Thank you

I am also pray she is wrong, but at the same time am glad she picked up on the subtle signs that indicate a tumour rather than just take the easy route and treat purely for infection. If it is a tumour we could have spent weeks throwing different antibiotics at him, while he was in pain and suffering. At least if x-rays do show a tumour we can keep him comfortable if an op is out of the question.

Oh no Liz, that really is terrible news :( I really, really hope your vet is wrong. Big hugs xxx

Back