• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For multiple rabbit households

So do we (or, we did), but we are only allowed to take one bag of soiled newspaper (so one full binbag full) and one bin bag full of hay and if we go too much they won't take it from us. We make infinitely more than that! So I have no ideas on how to dispose of it in a realistic way.

We visit two different dumps, but still its causing problems.

We can't use the tip or garden waste bins.

Soggy newspapers are put in the black bin, and all our neighbours bins as only emptied once a fortnight. Hay waste goes to the old man down the road for his allotments

So do we (or, we did), but we are only allowed to take one bag of soiled newspaper (so one full binbag full) and one bin bag full of hay and if we go too much they won't take it from us. We make infinitely more than that! So I have no ideas on how to dispose of it in a realistic way.

We visit two different dumps, but still its causing problems.

Crikey I'm stuffed if that happens here !! I take 20+ full black sacks a week atm and *if* the local council start charging for home collections of waste (rumour has it it'll be £1 per sack) then I'll be taking 40+ sacks a week to the Tip...........

:?

Wish we had one of these!

Offer the waste on free cycle thats how we did it :wave:

we are just really worried about what happens when he no longer has his allotment as he is coming up 80. We will be completely :censored: without him and would probably have to cut back on numbers alot as there is no other wau of getting rid of it :(

Crikey I'm stuffed if that happens here !! I take 20+ full black sacks a week atm and *if* the local council start charging for home collections of waste (rumour has it it'll be £1 per sack) then I'll be taking 40+ sacks a week to the Tip...........

:?

We haven't been able to take any bags to the tip for around 6 years now :(

Well I have four and don't clean out every single day as they don't need it. I do it about twice a week.

So four underbed storage boxes worth a week. About two megazorb sacks worth. It all goes into our compost bins at the allotment.

I have six bunnies, 13 pigeons, 3 chickens and a bunch of little birds so I get quite a lot of waste. Currently, our garden is really swampy and the mud here is rock hard clay when it's dry so my Mum has asked me to tip any wood shavings and paper based cat litter on the flower beds. It eventually mixes in with the mud and makes it so much easier to dig once the weather starts drying out.

Left over bird seed and bunny food goes in a bucket and then gets put in the bin. I don't want to put in on the garden and encourage rats. :shock: Luckily, our bin men will take anything that's in a black sack.

Larger bits and bobs (old hutches, old toys etc) get taken to the tip.

I clean 4 bunnies and a parrot out.
My council have said that as lonmg as the bunnies and the parrot dont eat meat, then I can put the waste in the green bin...loose.Not in bags.So I do...and it all gets taken!!:wave:

I'm trying to compost it, with just a bit going into the garden waste bin, but there's so much every day (even just from two bunnies). Can't imagine how much everyone with multiple buns has to cope with! I now have five compost bins with plans for another three or four.

My nearest tip stopped taking any animal waste at all, so I visit every other tip in the Nottingham area on a rotational basis so that they never get to know me! I'm quite lucky that we have about half a dozen tips within easy reach.

We compost ours, but even with only four bunnies the compost bins (2) fill up really quickly. The rest goes in to the green bins, but newspaper and a certain amount of hay unfortunately ends up in the normal bin. I am not sure if you can compost soggy newspaper but with all the hay and straw it is too bulky to go in the other bins really.

Back