• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lovely girly hammies

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
These yummy ladies are from a breeder in Leeds

FloraSunflower is living with me and her sister will be going to Dominique (Happybunny22000) in 2 weeks time.

FloraSunshine006.jpg
Flora

FloraSunshine007.jpg

FloraSunshine011.jpg

FloraSunshine015.jpg
Flora is a Golden Tort

FloraSunshine016.jpg
Buttercup is a cinnamon tortoiseshell.

FloraSunshine012-1.jpg

FloraSunshine009-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but buying from a breeder and running a rescue really do not go hand in hand..just my personal opinion..and that of most rescues

They are cute but strange decision to buy when you yourself have said you are starting the rescue as there are so many unwanted hamsters :?
Would be like me going to buy a pair of rabbits from a breeder

Sorry but buying from a breeder and running a rescue really do not go hand in hand..just my personal opinion..and that of most rescues

They are cute but strange decision to buy when you yourself have said you are starting the rescue as there are so many unwanted hamsters :?
Would be like me going to buy a pair of rabbits from a breeder

I agree..

I bought of the breeder because despite seraching high and low, through rescues, through louise, through free-ads I could not find a hamster. I didnt want to go to a pet shop as they get the hamsters from irresponsible breeding and they are'nt tame. The breeder Louise got the hamsters from is a member of a hamster forum we both use and is a responsible breeder, she finds good homes ir no homes and keeps the hamsters. The hamster situation is not like the rabbit one. There aren't millions in rescues as louise has found out.

Despite doing her best with the recsue, and indeed rescuing one already, Louise is also getting grief from the hamster forums for starting a rescue without in depth knowlege of the various hamster breeds etc. She has bought the hamster, as a pet, to help her learn more as she was advised to do.

I personally dont see why she should be judged! She wanted a pet hamster! She bought one from a responsible breeder! Despite searchng high and low there were no available 'hamsters to rescue' at the mo. If any do appear louise will still take them in. Poor louise cant win. She gets greif whatever she does on whatever forum.

She or I should not have to justify ourselves to anyone! Louise herself hasnt pointed any fingers and made judgements on people - when she could have! I dont see why people should to her!

I was about to reply in defence - looks like I don't need to :lol:
There is not the problem with syrian hamsters in rescues as there is with rabbits, on top of that, breeder hamsters very rarely end up in rescue (it would be noticable if they did, as they are much larger than the typical pet shop ham), so it's not as hypocritical as buying a rabbit from a pet shop when you run a rescue.
Putting it into perspective: a) there is so many more worse things going on in the world of domestic animals. b) let he who is without sin cast the first stone - can anyone claim to do nothing that causes harm animals in one way or another? :?

Can't do right for doing wrong really can you. No matter what people do there will always be those stood there to criticised.

I always try not to judge when I do post on any forum, as there are enough people on here to get the ball rolling and many more who will jump on the bandwagon.

As Dominique has said, there is not as such a problem in this area with people disposing of their pets. I have more enquiries about trying to tame thier pets, rather than looking for pets. However, I do keep being let down by those adopting.

I am sure Elaine will pass more on to me as time passes. Many people would much rather sell hamster with cage, which I have no problems with, so long as the price puts people off looking for fresh meat for their snake.

Even after getting these new guys, I have offered to help Alice, by taking a couple from her for me to rehome up here, if someone can do a hammy run. I have also been helping with adoption forms etc. via Teflons shadow.

I did a lot of research in getting this pair and I am completely happy in buying from the person I got them from. He is continuing to support me in looking after them, and is very quick to reply to my questions and gives brilliant advice.

However, as the people of the hamster forums point out I am not the most experienced person to be running a hamster rescue, and therefore I have joined the Northern Hamster Club and I will be meeting with breeders for them to help me and going to shows, to help the hamsters in my care, my own and those who are rescued.

I think if you post anything on a forum..which is a discussion board..then people will..and are allowed to voice their opinions, as long as it is done without rudeness/personal insult

I stand by my opinion..but do acknowledge that people will have their own which won't agree with mine..that's what makes the world go round.
But wish people wouldn't jump on this "let's not judge" bandwagon, when a forum is a place for discussion and voicing opinions..

There was nothing insulting against Louise..I do not now dislike her due to her decision....just see things slightly differently..

and to add..in this area I am " without sin" I have not since the age of 12 bought a pet, and cannot see me ever doing so:D

and edited to add..reading your reasons..to learn about them..then I can see your point of view..its just not mine:D

Back