• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Pets at Home thread ... what would you do? :(

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
As part of Rabbit Awareness Week, Paul and I have been invited to hold an education stall in our local Pets at Home.

With their recent behaviour and obvious lack of compassion for animals, I am in a real pickle as what to do.

The thought of standing in there makes me feel really sick BUT should we just battle through in the hope that we are able to educate some people?!

What would you do?!

As part of Rabbit Awareness Week, Paul and I have been invited to hold an education stall in our local Pets at Home.

With their recent behaviour and obvious lack of compassion for animals, I am in a real pickle as what to do.

The thought of standing in there makes me feel really sick BUT should we just battle through in the hope that we are able to educate some people?!

What would you do?!

Go. Advise people to go to rescue centres, quietly whisper not to support pets at home, and try to but them off having little fuzzy wuzzies in the first place. Especially if they have children with them!!! And LEAVE WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING!!!!! ;)

That is a hard one. But in somewhere like Pets at Home you are likely to be able to reach a large number of people and even be able to educate people who might be in there to buy animals. Or people who have rabbits but who need better information.

I think it can only help - though there are always people who are reluctant to change and hate being told what to do. That would be pretty demoralising. I guess its whether you can stand being in the shop really more than anything.

But personally I think it would be a really good thing to do. Good luck with your decision. x

I guess if it was me I'd do it. You will be meeting the audience you seek to target most of all....... people that probably wouldn't bother seeking information elsewhere and if you only manage to educate 1 or 2 people it will be worth it.

I think it would be valuable information for people who shop in pets at home. After all it is these people that need the eduction. Your going to have to follow your heart on this one.

I'd say yes, without question. It's exactly the sort of place you need to be going with the sort of information you need to spread. Don't see it as supporting them because it isn't but it is a great opportunity to educate people who may not be aware (yet) of the things you want to tell them.

If you can stomach it I would say yes. As we know so many people buy bunnies not knowing what they are taking on and how to care for them. If you only educated a handful of people then it would be more than worth it. Good luck in whatever you decide.:?

I think i would do it to help the bunnies that are in there!

Would be nice if you could advertise the Make mine chocolate campaign? have info of this forum? etc so if they do buy a bunny at P@H at least they would know where to come for help and advice!!

Good luck with whatever you decide! x

I think i would do it to help the bunnies that are in there!

Would be nice if you could advertise the Make mine chocolate campaign? have info of this forum? etc so if they do buy a bunny at P@H at least they would know where to come for help and advice!!

Good luck with whatever you decide! x

Would definitely do this! :D

:? I'm not sure actually what I would do here, on the one hand yes it is the perfect forum to reach a small number of people and possibly educate them although on a personal level it will feel like you are endorsing them in some way by being there. I am not sure I would be able to do it when the conditions the animals are kept in - in-store are not good enough or in the best interests of the animals, they are more display focussed rather than for the rabbits/animals welfare.

I think if you are able to do it then I applaud you, it may even give you more credibility with PAH and possibly making them listen to reason and common sense regarding how they treat the animals - I am on the fence on this one though as I just don't know if I personally could do it - I would probably end up slapping someone before the end of the day:roll: but, thats just how I am feeling at the moment, I am sure it will pass. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :wave:

:? I'm not sure actually what I would do here, on the one hand yes it is the perfect forum to reach a small number of people and possibly educate them although on a personal level it will feel like you are endorsing them in some way by being there. I am not sure I would be able to do it when the conditions the animals are kept in - in-store are not good enough or in the best interests of the animals, they are more display focussed rather than for the rabbits/animals welfare.

I think if you are able to do it then I applaud you, it may even give you more credibility with PAH and possibly making them listen to reason and common sense regarding how they treat the animals - I am on the fence on this one though as I just don't know if I personally could do it - I would probably end up slapping someone before the end of the day:roll: but, thats just how I am feeling at the moment, I am sure it will pass. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :wave:

That's what I am worried about doing! :lol:

go and educate. the punters would be in the store anyway, so having you there at least gives them a chance of accessing realistic information. i'm not calling p@h on their pet advice, i don't have any experience of it, but at as you aren't trying to sell anything, your advice will be impartial!

It sounds like a really good idea...if you manage to convince even one punter that rabbits are harder work/more expensive than commonly thought, you've done a good job! :)

That's what I am worried about doing! :lol:

No you will be far more composed and professional ;) I am just feeling like that at the moment because of a situation nearby that is out of my hands but, I could quite easily slap someone atm so it would only take one eeeejit to disagree with me or say they only need a tiny cage etc etc and I would be up the wall - don't let them get to you, if you get any wind up merchants just do a bugs bunny impression and say 'whats up doc' over and over again till they walk off - that will give you a laugh aswell :lol:

No you will be far more composed and professional ;) I am just feeling like that at the moment because of a situation nearby that is out of my hands but, I could quite easily slap someone atm so it would only take one eeeejit to disagree with me or say they only need a tiny cage etc etc and I would be up the wall - don't let them get to you, if you get any wind up merchants just do a bugs bunny impression and say 'whats up doc' over and over again till they walk off - that will give you a laugh aswell :lol:

Like the idea of that! :lol:

Hope the situation near you gets sorted :( xxx

Yes I would do it- and have gone into Pets@Home before with my rabbit (to give her company after her sister died before she was bonded) When people come to look at the rabbits in there, you can tell them how long they live -that they should live in pairs, neutering vaccs etc. People don't always know these things and then they are either put off buying a rabbit or at least have more information if they still go ahead and buy.
Its important to educate.
You are helping the rabbits- either because they realise a rabbit is not the right pet or because your educating them has improved their rabbit knowledge.

If you are not there it will not stop them buying a rabbit but they will be less informed.
I hope it goes well-sue:wave:

Last edited:
Back