• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Victor and his slide

pudding777

Alpha Buck
This ia how Victor spent this afternoon....I'm the king of the castle

496.jpg

Daisy's the dirty rascal

500.jpg

Victor's jab is due at the vets, and I know it sounds daft, but I havnt picked him up yet....so any volunteers to get him in his carry box???????

With it being winter when I got him it was harder spending quality time to sit and intigrate, but I have tried, and I have let him decide to come to me and if he hopped away that was fine. I sat down on the floor today, brush in one hand and managed to get a few strokes on him before he bogged off.
He does love his food which on one hand is great to build up the hand feeding bond but on the other hand he can sometimes take a swipe at it, scares me half to death :lol:

I think if he was housed in a hutch it might have ben easier to touch him etc, but as it is with it being cold and him having a large space he can make up his own mind where he wants to go but I feel our bond has gone slower because of that.
But I love love love him :love:

Great pics - I love how Daisy and Victor have taken over the garden :D

As for picking up, all of ours are not at all keen. If they are outdoors in the pens, the pens I use are flexible enough to enclose the bun in a small area so they are easy to catch. I tend to kneel on the floor next to them and scoop them straight on to my body so they are not being held in the air.

If Victor loves his food you may be able to entice him into a carrier with his fave food.

Good luck!

Victor looks right at home sitting high above Daisy :)
Sorry, I can't help with any tips on how to get a grumpy bun into a carrier.

Thanks everyone.
I think he'll be OK being scooped up or enticed into a box as Angie did it lots at the Rescue, she just waited till he was busy eating.
Its just that I havnt done it :oops: Its just me having the confidence to do it the first time. And part of it is because I know Rabbits dont like being picked up and I dont like to think I'm stressing them. He's a quite confient Bunny in a lot of ways, but not a cuddley bunny. He's his own man.
Daisy hates being picked up and I think that has caused some of her confidence problems she was picked up a lot at first in her last home, then she got ignored a lot once they got bored with her, so now she just sees people are their to pick her up. It has taken since last August and the help of Victor for her to have the confidence to wonder around my feet when I am feeding them, but is soon scared and will run away.

Back