• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It was busy in Pets at home today...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I went in and was like this :shock:
i thought id stepped into a nursery or something, there was children EVERYWHERE, running around the shop, one boy crashed into me and then started crying and his mum gave me a dirty look as if it was my fault!

They had every hutch they sold inside the shop set up with a toy bunny inside, and has offers on literally every bunny product :roll: :roll: they were selling an indoor cage complete with everything for £55!

The good part is i managed to spend £25 on my furry babies with a big discount, i got 25% off herby harvest , and 25% of some herbal delight. They also got some apple treat sticks, and i got them a play tree for £7, one of the bits of rope stuff had come loose and i said there wasnt anymore in the shop that i could see :lol: so they gave it to me for £7!

But it was certainly a busy day today :(

there was only two in there, which is bad i know cus they have already been sold, but i couldnt help feelin relieved i wasnt watching them get sold :(

My local P@H hasn't had any extra baby rabbits in for Easter, but have a few adoption buns. I'm in there loads and have been keeping an eye open for them :lol:. I'm lucky in that the store seems quite good. The rabbits are well looked after and get fresh veg and plenty hay. They even bonded one of the adoption rabbits that was looking sad. Just feel bad that no doubt they will get split again when they are sold :(. Pity all the stores aren't the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easter holidays!! Parents are fed up with the kids being at home already so lets take them to see the cute bunnies at P@H! That might keep them quiet for half hour!

i think p@h needs its own section on the board. perhaps we could call it 'pet shops' so as not to be so personal!

It's easter holidays!! Parents are fed up with the kids being at home already so lets take them to see the cute bunnies at P@H! That might keep them quiet for half hour!

Personally I don't see the problem of taking the kids to see animals. I mean its a good chance to learn about animals and how to care for them - I know people don't agree with P@H and I don't agree with them to a certain extent but I think the workshops are a good idea.

Personally I don't see the problem of taking the kids to see animals. I mean its a good chance to learn about animals and how to care for them - I know people don't agree with P@H and I don't agree with them to a certain extent but I think the workshops are a good idea.

the workshops are good, but its the idea of kids running around the store screeching banging on the glass when the bunnies havent even got any hideys to escape thats the worrying thing.

Also, its highly unlikely they will learn how to care for animals correctly in pets at home!

the workshops are good, but its the idea of kids running around the store screeching banging on the glass when the bunnies havent even got any hideys to escape thats the worrying thing.

Also, its highly unlikely they will learn how to care for animals correctly in pets at home!

I know people generalise pets at home as awful and uncaring, but believe it or not, I have had good experiences in there with my rats and how to care about my rats. I also think that kids running around is partly due to parents not controlling their kids. I know it's not the most ideal situation but if it was controlled properly, it would probably be a good thing.

Ah yes.....because none of us that work at PAH know anything about animals! :roll:

Ah yes.....because none of us that work at PAH know anything about animals! :roll:

not at all, i know you do, and i know many of the staff do in many branches - ive heard some great things and ive heard staff are good in various stores, in my branch they are not, and i have complained about it twice before.

Im not saying that anybody who pets in pets at home or any pet shop for the matter knows nothing, thats silly of course they do. But in my local store it is appauling.

I think it's all too easy to 'bash' P@H because they are the largest pet retailer but I have found them to be extremely helpful and although sometimes things are not ideal, they are certainly better than most independent pet shops - in my area that is.

I was speaking with the staff in there yesterday and they have said that if they're not happy when speaking with customers about the care they believe the animal will get, they get the manager to speak with them and if he's not happy, they don't sell the animal.

I believe them too as it was extremely busy and they declined someone a bun because it was going 'to be in a hutch at the end of the garden' !! - :D

The manager was also discounting bigger cages for the buns than the ones that were being offered as part of the 'package' - not sure he's s'posed to though so best keep it quiet :oops:

I know we're all looking for Utopia where animal care is concerned but that's never gonna happen I'm afraid :roll:

I've done the same with my kids before now.

i was in the p@h in riverside and there was so many baby bunnies :( the rescue buns (2 rather large lion heads) were in this tiny cage :( and theres was atleast 6 bunnys running around in this huge enclosure. grrr :(

They had every hutch they sold inside the shop set up with a toy bunny inside, and has offers on literally every bunny product :roll: :roll: they were selling an indoor cage complete with everything for £55!
(

Oh, what a surprise!:shock:

The original P@H Easter Offer (bun-inclusive)) was £80.

Now the 'Indoor cage offer' is £55 and customers can stroll round and pick up a live bun for £25. Total price just as before - £80.:evil:

Same inadequate accommodation as the original offer no doubt.

I am 'so impressed' by P@H.:cry:

i have to go into pets at home (almost typed pests at home there - which is what i call it as i (affectionately) refer to my cats as the "pests"!!lol) as i am almost out of bunny food! i hate going into the place when it is swarming with kids as they always run into me and i often trip over them. I will be going to coo over the bunnies and piggies though, as i always do.

A couple of weeks ago i went into one and there was a bunny from their rescue center, this little boy was holding him and the staff member was telling him and his dad all about rabbits and the rescue policy and they were really listening and questioning, and i thought it was nice that they were considering buying this bunny rather than these very very incredibly cute baby bunnies that were hopping around.

I think it's all too easy to 'bash' P@H because they are the largest pet retailer but I have found them to be extremely helpful and although sometimes things are not ideal, they are certainly better than most independent pet shops - in my area that is.

I was speaking with the staff in there yesterday and they have said that if they're not happy when speaking with customers about the care they believe the animal will get, they get the manager to speak with them and if he's not happy, they don't sell the animal.

I believe them too as it was extremely busy and they declined someone a bun because it was going 'to be in a hutch at the end of the garden' !! - :D

The manager was also discounting bigger cages for the buns than the ones that were being offered as part of the 'package' - not sure he's s'posed to though so best keep it quiet :oops:

I know we're all looking for Utopia where animal care is concerned but that's never gonna happen I'm afraid :roll:

Theres two pets at homes near me as i am in the middle of both. One i like, its always clean theres always lots of hideys for the animals, theres even a hutch like hidey for them to completly hide if they want to. The staff are really good, and i like it there. Theres always loads of hay, and toys too.

The other has no hideys what so ever, not even one, never hay, and no toys. and they offer poor advice.

I dont dislike pets at home as a whole company because thats not fair, i look at each store at individual. I dont look for utopia or anything like that, and i certainly dont bash pets at home because there is a very good one near me!

Back