• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

forage/digging boxes

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
how do i set one of these up? and can i use a carry case? (sebastian has a cat sized one) can i just fill it up with shredded paper and hay and nibbles?

Little Lola Grace loves her digging box - I use a large, shallow, rectangular storage box (without the lid) and it's filled with nice soft straw and some timothy hay for nibbling. She sits in the sun in the garden in the middle of her straw, nibbling on her hay - very civilized!! Benson sometimes hops in beside her for a groom but mostly Lola uses it.

They also have a paddling pool with a lid filled with (not water!!) screened soil. Lola (again) likes to roll in it and digs occationally. Benson, again would rather run up and down as fast as he can!!! :wave:

thankyou :) i filled a shoe box with hay and shredded paper and some pellets and treats and brussels :) he ignored it :roll: maybe he just wanted a bigger one :)

I've been thinking about doing one of these for my buns, but (and please don't hate me) my rabbits don't dig... Do you think they'll bother with it? Or should I invest in more tunnels instead? They do love a good tunnel!

xxx

if they dont dig they probably wont use it, saying that sebastian digs and he just ignored it, try it anyway ( and buy more tunnels :D )

Back