• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photo's of Charlee and her new cage (opinions please)

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave:

Firstly some pictures of Charlee. She is 4 1/2 months old and a real diva!

She likes her head scritches..
083-1.jpg

084.jpg

And some of her playing this morning. Most of the photos were a blur or looked similar to this -

032-1.jpg

059.jpg

She has the run of most of my room during the day, but she still wants more!

061-2.jpg

Her new night time cage - it is 3ft by 6ft. As mentioned, during the day she has run of most of my room.

019-1.jpg

With the doors closed (you can see the piggies cage on top of the table) -

026-2.jpg

What do you think of her cage?

I need to think of a similar set up for my two at night time, what is the cage made from?

Thanks for the comments! She is an adorable bunneh!

The cage is made up of a mixture of pens - you can see the black pen along the back, and then the silver one around the sides and at the front. It doesn't have to be like this, I just decided to save money and use pens that I had lying around the house :lol:

The white stuff is corrugated plastic. It is often used for signs (like real estate signs). You can often get it second hand from real estate agents or similar places, or from specific sign shops. It comes in sheets, and you then score, cut and tape it to form a base. I based the idea really, on C&C cages - you can see the piggies cage above, which is a similar idea. This site may help explain it better, http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

Then inside the cage I have lined it with newspaper. She is pretty much toilet trained (except for when she aims her butt over the edge of the litter tray :? :lol:) but I put it there anyway - just in case. Plus she likes to rip it up. Then on top is a fleece blanket. She has a hay mound down one end near the litter tray and then toys throughout the rest which I rotate through. Hopefully that helps a bit :D Feel free to ask more questions..

Back