• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie's back legs

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
there is absolutely no muscle in them whatsoever :cry: its just bone, with skin :cry: is there nothing i can do for her to put some weight on in her back legs :cry::cry::cry:

It will be because shes getting old:( Her muscles will waste it happens to old dogs too,you could try some gentle physio on her

I would be careful about trying to put too much weight on her. If her legs have lost muscle feeding her up will not necessarily put muscle on her legs rather put weight on her tummy which will make it harder for weak legs to hold up :?

I agree that physio may help, but bunnies do tend to loose a lot of muscle as they grow older. I would discuss the best way to improve Rosie's legs with your vet :)

I would be careful about trying to put too much weight on her. If her legs have lost muscle feeding her up will not necessarily put muscle on her legs rather put weight on her tummy which will make it harder for weak legs to hold up :?

I agree that physio may help, but bunnies do tend to loose a lot of muscle as they grow older. I would discuss the best way to improve Rosie's legs with your vet :)

thanks, she's back at vets on tuesday, ive got a very busy tuesday :shock:

Back