• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of Hutch & Run Combo pls

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,

Could I please see some pics of hutch and run combo - especially these ones from happy hutch - especially a pic of the ramp.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=70

As I am now changing my mind and am thinking of getting these ones for Revolver....

I know I'm terrible:oops: - can never make my mind up!

Also is it easy to clean out/ get access to the hutch? That's what I'm concerned about.

I'd really appreciate any feedbacks or pics. Thank-you so much

Lessie :wave:

Hi :wave:

This is the hutch I have just ordered on the reccommendation (sorry about spelling) from a few people on here! :)

So I agreed would be good to see some more pics and stuff. I have seen a couple of pics on here of this hutch and one person made hers so the hutch was at the front of the run so easier to get to when cleaning out which is what I shall do! :(

x

Apologies to everybody who's seen me post this about a million times already. :oops: :lol: This is Alfie and Bubbles's old hutch/run:

DSCF6576700x525.jpg

No piccies of the ramp though, sorry. :( Hopefully somebody who still has one of these can get some pics for you. ;)

As Becca mentioned, it's easier to clean out and get access to the hutch if you put the hutch at the front. The lid of the run lift up, and I used to make a small child (one of my own!) sweep the run out. :lol::lol:

Apologies to everybody who's seen me post this about a million times already. :oops: :lol: This is Alfie and Bubbles's old hutch/run:

DSCF6576700x525.jpg

No piccies of the ramp though, sorry. :( Hopefully somebody who still has one of these can get some pics for you. ;)

As Becca mentioned, it's easier to clean out and get access to the hutch if you put the hutch at the front. The lid of the run lift up, and I used to make a small child (one of my own!) sweep the run out. :lol::lol:

Hi Karen :wave:

This is the pic someone else sent me the link to, I forget who, oops!

Anyway the hutch looks so much better quality in your picture, have you restained, painted, treated it etc??

One more question sorry, can you close off the run part and if so how?? Oh and one more (sorry), is the ramp quite steep? this prob sounds a bit of a stupid question but I always worry in case they fall down the ramp or the hole!! :?

Anyway the hutch looks so much better quality in your picture, have you restained, painted, treated it etc??

I think it's just the poor lighting in their photos on the website - the pic I showed before is exactly how it came. I later gave it a few coats of woodstain as I had a slight problem with rain seeping in through the tongue and groove back - once painted, it was fine. :)

The ramp comes out, and you close off the run with the piece of plywood that they originally cut out to make the ramp hole (iyswim).

The ramp isn't too steep and has little rungs of plywood going across to give extra grip. Mine never fell down the ramp but Bubbles was a little wary of going down it at first. I put one of the bendy log tunnels right at the top of the ramp and she seemed to feel a bit safer.

DSCF6576700x525.jpg

Hey Karen,

Stupid question I know but I've got to ask!:oops: Is it easy to move them around?

As I always move my hutch and run around and was planning to if I buy one of them. As I always put them on the grass then on the patio, then different area of the grass.

Thank-you
Lessie :wave:

It's not easy, but do-able if there are two of you. I'm a total weed :oops: but I've managed to help dh lift the whole thing and move it around.

Hmm okay, then in that case it should be okay. I have to have someone else to help me move our current hutch as well.

You don't think it will knacker the wood badly if I move it around too much?!

How long have you had it for - just wondering how long it lasts?

Sorry for the questions Hope you don't mind!

As long as you actually lift it, rather than drag it along the floor, I can't see it harming the wood or the overall structure to move it.

You might have problems if the grass isn't level though; I'm not sure if the weight if the hutch and run sitting on uneven ground for any length of time could put a strain on it.

I only had mine for a year before I upgraded to a kennel and run, so can't really vouch for how long it will last. I can safely say that it was still like new (apart from bunny inflicted bite marks :lol:) when I got rid of it though, so I would hope it would last well as long as you repaint it every year. :)

As long as you actually lift it, rather than drag it along the floor, I can't see it harming the wood or the overall structure to move it.

You might have problems if the grass isn't level though; I'm not sure if the weight if the hutch and run sitting on uneven ground for any length of time could put a strain on it.

I only had mine for a year before I upgraded to a kennel and run, so can't really vouch for how long it will last. I can safely say that it was still like new (apart from bunny inflicted bite marks :lol:) when I got rid of it though, so I would hope it would last well as long as you repaint it every year. :)

Yeah That's what I thought.

Thank-you for your advice I think I have now finally decided to buy one of them for definite. Now I just need to decide what size to order!?

One last question :oops: What did you use to cover it when it rains?

Thank-you :D

The 6x2x2 for definite. That's what I had. ;) :D They sell on ebay too, which might work out a bit cheaper. ETA: Ooooops, I only just realised Revolver is a piggie - I don't know what min. size for piggies is. :oops:

As you can see in the photo, the roof of the hutch & sloping down onto the run was covered with a tarpaulin. I actually had a sheet of plastic under that as well, because in heavy rain the water ended up soaking through the tarpaulin.

To cover the front, I had another sheet of plastic to pull down (you can probably just about make it out in the photo - its folded back over the roof).

The sides were left open, but this kept the majority of the rain out.

If you have an Ikea nearby, they do clear shower curtains for less than a pound, which would make great covers. ;)

The 6x2x2 for definite. That's what I had. ;) :D They sell on ebay too, which might work out a bit cheaper. ETA: Ooooops, I only just realised Revolver is a piggie - I don't know what min. size for piggies is. :oops:

As you can see in the photo, the roof of the hutch & sloping down onto the run was covered with a tarpaulin. I actually had a sheet of plastic under that as well, because in heavy rain the water ended up soaking through the tarpaulin.

To cover the front, I had another sheet of plastic to pull down (you can probably just about make it out in the photo - its folded back over the roof).

The sides were left open, but this kept the majority of the rain out.

If you have an Ikea nearby, they do clear shower curtains for less than a pound, which would make great covers. ;)

Brilliant advice, thank-you :D

The minimum size for a pair of guinea pig if 4ft x 2ft but I'd like to give her more space. So am not sure if I should get 5ft one or 6ft:?!?

I wish I wasn't difficult when it comes to decisions.:roll::lol:

Back