• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Nugget and Chihuahua Cam

Maloy

New Kit
I recently adopted nugget two weeks ago and he is still very timid and sketchy of his new house hold my pen secures him away from my other baby dog who is two now - he is fascinated by Nugget and wants to play like a doggy - will Nugget ever play with Cam?

I know some people have dogs and rabbits in the same household, but I would be very wary of letting them get together. Even if your dog, Cam, is gentle and playful normally, a rabbit may well bring out it's hunting instinct. Even if he doesn't mean to hurt the rabbit, he may well do so if he gets excited or over playful.

Also, even though your rabbit is in a pen, if Nuggett can see, hear, and smell your dog, it will probably be adding to making him timid and stressed in a new environment.

Hopefully, members who have rabbits and dogs will be able to give more info about whether you can safely keep them together.

The bunny might get used to the dog, but it depends on the individual animal.. no one can tell for sure. But be very careful allowing any dog to 'play' with a bunny :?

Back