• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits have veg every day?

Do your rabbits have veg every day?

• Yes

Votes: 95 85.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Just wondered as mine usually do but I ran out yesterday and forgot to get some more and panicked this morning when I didnt have any! but then thought well one day without wont hurt - then maybe they shouldnt have veg EVERY day :? It also costs quite a lot for them to have veg every day!!

When I say veg, they usually have spring greens, broccoli, herbs etc (though how come there is a lack of spring greens in spring)!!

The buns werent very impressed with the lack of veg this morning though!

my pair do, its the highlight to thier day.. im to scared to cut it down even more than i have in the last few weeks, they would beat me up :oops::oops:

Ours have veg last thing at night. I think morning would probably be best but I dont have time to get it out of the fridge and let it warm up for an hour before work, and the same when I get in so they get it late evening.

The main reason I would feel guilty if I didnt give it to them every day is because we have set times when we feed them and they would be really gutted to miss a mealtime.

I dont think nutritionally one day is going to harm them.

Yes - Jack has his veg once a day at tea-time.

The guinea pigs get it morning and tea-time though...

There have been times when what I've got left to offer them hasn't exactly been the greatest in terms of choice lol, but they always get *something*. Have just shopped for veg. today so tonight will be a feast! :p xx

I don't think one day without veg. will hurt though.

Mine get veg every day unless I run out...I like the fact that it's nutritious without being very dry like pellets. They only get the same boring types though, nothing exciting.

It doesn't matter if they miss out sometimes, but I wouldn't want to go for long periods without feeding veg because it could cause GI upsets if you suddenly re-introduced it.

My two get veg twice a day, and I've been know to go to the 24hr Tesco 13 miles away to get more if there isn't enough for their dinnertime :oops::oops:

But then, if they skipped one veg meal, I'm sure it wouldn't harm them - just put Tibbsy in a proper strop!!

Yes I have been shoppping now and stocked up - I actually went a bit mad and got loads as I was feeling guilty :lol::lol: They will get a little bit later but they usually have it in the morning so wont give them too much tonight!

Still no spring greens though :evil:

Still no spring greens though

We have greens up by us...but only in the big 24hr Tesco's...the little ones just have the tiny packs of sliced ones - which would last my pair about 2 meals!!

Do you need a Red Cross Care Package???:lol::lol:

I use sweetheart or pointed cabbage when there aren't any spring greens. Savoy is good too, but some buns don't seem to like it

My girl gets her veg in the morning, different types such as cabbage/spinach/lettuce with carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, green bean things, sugar snaps and baby corn.

If I run out I often go a day without giving her veg, doesn't do any harm I don't think but like you Kath if I do run out I buy loads and give her a treat cos I feel guilty lol x

We have greens up by us...but only in the big 24hr Tesco's...the little ones just have the tiny packs of sliced ones - which would last my pair about 2 meals!!

Do you need a Red Cross Care Package???:lol::lol:

Yes pleaseee :wave::lol:

Oh gosh that was quick - I can hear a helicoptor - if I see a parcel hanging down from a rope I will know what it is :lol::lol:

Morrisons are so on and off with the spring greens, actually they didnt have alot at all and it was hell in there!! I went to the farm shop in the end :D
(but still no spring greens - so still need the package ;))

ppft. we only have chopped spring greens. the crops were destroyed by the snow and ice, i heard it on the radio at the time.

and yes, one pack lasts my pair two meals, too. they have veggies with breakfast and supper, their two meals of the day. hay all the time of course. they've had too many pellets in the cold weather and are beautifully sleek and slightly rounded but they'll be on tiny amounts of pellets when the weather warms up again.

Last edited:
yep, except Smokster cause of his dodgy guts :(, he only gets some every few days or he just ends up with a very mucky bum

Yup, about teatime as they get the odds and ends of some of the veggies we have. Usually it is two or more of cauli leaves, broccoli stalks, spring greens, baby corn, pea pods, mange tout or kale.

Back