• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My bunnys are fighting scuffling.

If they are unneutered Bucks they must be seperated now. The fighting WILL continue and it WILL get worse. When entire Bucks fight they can cause fatal injuries to each other as they often attack each others genitals :cry:

You really are dicing with death if you choose to keep the Bucks together, especially if you have Does within sight or smell of them :cry:

ETA Have a look at this thread :cry:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=221390

Thanks will seperate them right now. Thankyou ever so much for your advice on this.

Will i be able to easily rebond them when they are neutered?

Even though they have been together nearly two years or more, i'm not sure, does this still mean it's too risky?

As they have already had some fighting then rebonding them may well not work.
You will certainly need to wait at least 2 months AFTER their neuter if you do try. This will allow their hormones to settle. It's not impossible to bond NEUTERED Bucks, but if they are Bucks with a 'history' (of fights) the odds are less favourable.

Thankyou for your help on this. One of my rabbits seems to have a nicked eye, so i am glad to seperate him out. I just worry they will be lonely now. They don't really fight, just try jumping on each other. They are both very placid rabbits compared to the other lot i have. Most of my male rabbits are dominant and aggressive so have seperated, but kept these two as they are so close with each other. They never leave each others side.

Are you a vet or vet nurse at the surgery by the way,
just thought i'd ask.
Thanks again ,
Ambience x

No :)

I think you need to get the boys neutered, wait about 8 weeks then attempt to rebond them. Alternatively why not bond each Buck with one of your Does ?

I think uneutered bucks see another male as a love rival - whether there are does around or not. Neutering them and bonding each of them with one of your speyed does is a good suggestion - most people on here seem to think a male/female bond is the easiest to do.

Hi

Thankyou

Yes I do have six does in bonded groups , could I neuter one and add it to a group af unneutered does or would the does need to be neutered to do that ?

The Does would be much more likely to fight with each other if they are not neutered.

Also, all entire Does have an 80% chance of developing Uterine Cancer in later life :cry:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/uterine.htm

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/neutering28.8.07.pdf

Back