• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what breed?

:)

sorry sorted it now, although the pics are a bit rubbish i was told there blue otters but isnt that just the coloring and not the breed

Last edited:
Looks like a cross breed to me, probably nethie x

very cute

thanks i love them to bits there 8 weeks old, i was thinking of rex x netherland but i dont know much about the diff breeds yet :lol:
probably very wrong with my guess :oops:
oh, just though i have a bit of a pic of there mum which the old owner sent maybe that will help its better quality :)

Very cute crosses, deffo got nethie in there (Netherland Dwarf) not Polish though, Polish dwarves have longer faces, slightly longer ears and longer legs/more slender body.

You can see their faces on this one, Winter, the chinchilla grey, is a Polish dwarf, and Rimmi, the blue, is a nethie (show standerd, pet shop standers will have longer ears and noses)
DSC03140.jpg

And you can see in this one how her front legs seem longer, keeping her tummy off the floor more... and thats her crouching down, usually they look longer than this, lol

DSC03145.jpg

I'd just say 'nethie x' when you register them at the vets, although the mummy looks like a mix to me too!! So you could have a heinz 67, but they are the bestest breeds ;)

Blue otter is a description of colour, I dont even know if shes been right, as both of your look different lol.

Cant wait to see some more photos, and dont forget to get their genders checked at the vet as it cant be guarenteed while they are still so young ;)

Do they have names yet?

TeflonShadow,

Can I just ask, when Winter runs, does she tend to lift her bum high into the air and hop quite delicately?
I'm asking because we have no idea what breed Echo is, and I thought that Polish dwarf was most likely, what do you think? He has the longer ears, long legs and slim body but I wanted to try and confirm it.

It was only when I saw these pictures that I realised how similar he is in shape to the lovely Winter! And BTW, they are GORGEOUS photos!!!:love::love:

TeflonShadow,

Can I just ask, when Winter runs, does she tend to lift her bum high into the air and hop quite delicately?
I'm asking because we have no idea what breed Echo is, and I thought that Polish dwarf was most likely, what do you think? He has the longer ears, long legs and slim body but I wanted to try and confirm it.

It was only when I saw these pictures that I realised how similar he is in shape to the lovely Winter! And BTW, they are GORGEOUS photos!!!:love::love:

Oh, I will have to have a look when shes hopping about.... its binky time at the moment so shes kicking her legs everywhere, lol, shes such a funny bun!! :)

TeflonShadow,

Like this??

WOW!! Great video!

Echo moves in exactly the same way, it's like he's making sure that his tummy doesn't touch the floor at all.
Thank you, it's great to narrow down the search - we were told that they had no idea what he was.

Back