• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

piggy food + rabbits

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
is there anything at all that could harm a bun in: excel supa guinea, science selective or wagg crunch?
:oops:

i have both - don't worry, i don't keep them together and i don't feed each species the wrong type of food:). i was just asking as i must not have clipped the lid back on the piggy food container properly and esme has been munching:oops:

There isn't anything dangerous, but routinely feeding the wrong food is not optimal.

One of the main differences is that piggy food has added vit c as piggies cannot produce it on their own.

Mostly it's just higher in protein than the bunny equivalents, with added vitamin C. There is nothing obviously dangerous in it though.

thanks.
she's fine - thank goodness. i must've only clipped one half of the lid down whilst i went to wash water bottles - no idea how she managed to remove the lid but esme's a very clever bunny:oops: i know she would have snaffled some of the green flakes (squashed peas?) and i found about 3 half eaten nuggets - obviously not to her taste.

really angry with myself getting distracted:(

Buzz was fed piggie nuggets for the first 6 months of his life and he had spurs when he came to me and was very thin. Since being on science selective for buns he has bulked up and the spurs have gone (not that it's the science selective that got rid of the spurs - but the increased hay intake.)

Buzz was fed piggie nuggets for the first 6 months of his life and he had spurs when he came to me and was very thin. Since being on science selective for buns he has bulked up and the spurs have gone (not that it's the science selective that got rid of the spurs - but the increased hay intake.)

:shock: thats awful! glad he's with you now so he has a proper diet:)

Back