• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Hay??

Becca24

Mama Doe
What hay does everyone use, I have been looking on the The Hay Experts webiste, there is so many different things on there I just dont know what to get!! :?:?:?:?

Was wondering what everyone else used??

xx

I mainly use bales from a local saddlery, the buns seem to love it. As a treat though I give them Burns green oat.

i buy the pure pastures meadow hay, the oat wheat and barley hay and the pack of mini bales from hay experts.

stes mom has started sending me some nice stuff from her local petshop too

anything we can get, really. i don't have a car and i'm not in to receive orders so i'm a bit limited. we have timothy hay, meadow hay,. forage, herbage, a fancy meadow mix i've forgotten the name of and lots of green oat hay, which is their favourite. when i say 'we' i mean i buy it and they eat it...

Last edited:
My two loved their sample pack from the fundraiser - I got the one with seven different bags. I definitely recommend it as a good way of discovering their preferences :wave:

I buy quite a variety of hays for mine to keep their diet interesting - oat, wheat and barley hay is a current favourite, as is bunny nature meadow hay with chamomile, but their main hay is always Dust Free Hay.

Thank you all for your responses. So really all the different hays are good and I should just try them out to see what he likes!

:D Sounds like a plan :D

Good ideal to give different types though - I have a variety of biscuits on the go cos I get bored! :lol:
xx

I get the meadow hay from the local horsey place. It's lovely stuff (well Louie seems to think so!).

Baled hay from the local farm - long, thick green stalky stuff :D They go mad for it & £3 a bale - it's a bargain :thumb:

They won't entertain anything else & just drag it out hay racks to pee on it! :roll:

I also get baled hay from the farm just up the road-the buns have turned into hay monsters since I started getting it!!:D

I feed mine meadow hay, its really cheap and they eat it :) Its about £8 or £9 and lasts at least a whole month, thats also with enough for them to play and burrow in :lol:

They get a bag of timmy hay and a bag of oat hay once a week, but these are small bags and don't last long

Mine are poor deprived bunnies, and only get dust free hay. They have both the stalky and the soft stuff though ;)

Ive just had an order from Hay Experts. Mine are on Orchard as, having bought 4 bags of Timothy, they went off it. I have really fussy bunnies and it depends on the cut of Timothy Hay, with the latest cut being coarse which they don't like. The Orchard they will eat loads of.

You can get sample packs from Lisa at Hay Experts. It was great that I got an e mail telling me it was going to arrive between 1.30 and 2.30 and it did. There is a delivery charge but my order is huge and it works out little on each bag.

Back