• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Friday, Rocky is in for a head X-Ray *UD post 23*

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Im absolutely dreading Friday :( Rocky my foster bunny is in for a head x-ray.

Since Rocky came to me, which i would estimate to be a good 8 weeks ago hes had a runny sticky eye. We started off on Ticail eye drops for a week, didnt improve so we moved on the eye cream, begins with an F? We used this for 2/3 weeks with no change. He had his tear ducts flushed, nothing they were clear. The vet then suggested we used the drops alongside baytril injections, still no improvement :( So, we had a swab taken, and it came back that he was resistant to the drops we'd been using, so the vet gave us a different eye drop. Again no improvement :cry:

Hes now booked in for a head x-ray on Friday, but im so scared its going to be tooth root problems :cry: If it is, i know he had no hope. I cant sleep over it, and im praying it isnt tooth root problems. His actual teeth are fine.

Please can we have tons of vibes. He has to be at the vets 9.30am Friday morning :( xXx

Last edited:
Loads of vibes.

I didn't realise Rocky was with you. He looks like a teddy bear, bless him.

Hes gorgeous, ive really taken to him with all the care hes needed :( Im just praying he doesnt have elongated tooth roots, anything other than that and we'll be ok.

Ive spoilt him rotten this week... just incase :cry: xx

Poor Rocky, sending loads of vibes and hoping it isn't tooth root problems.

Fucithalmic eye ointment probably ... Daisy's had it a few times :)

Even if it is ETR the condition can be managed with regular Dentals to burr the crowns down to gum level, pain relief if needed, topical abx if infection occurs and eye bathing :)

Sending vibes for him xx

Even if it is ETR the condition can be managed with regular Dentals to burr the crowns down to gum level, pain relief if needed, topical abx if infection occurs and eye bathing :)

Sending vibes for him xx

Surely if it were us though, eye pain and tooth pain are the worst pains ever, so a small bunny with those 2 problems, surely he'd need long term pain relief. The thing is, its so hard to rehome a dental bun, let alone one with ETR :cry: Im dreading tomorrow, ive had a real bad few weeks anyway and im struggling to sleep :cry:

I just pray it isnt anything bad. His eye isnt looking any worse, but then its looking no better.

Im not saying he will be PTS, i just know the outlook wont be good. Anything other than ETR will be a bonus xx

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hope everything goes well for Rocky tomorrow. He is such a gorgeous big bun, the photos of him are amazing but he's even better in the flesh. And his eye really doesnt seem that bad - i am so praying its not ETR and just needs some intensive therapy. I agree, ETR can be managed, but its an incredibly intense, chronic and expensive therapy so a major committment for anyone, especially for a foster bun. But lets just hope its not! xx

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY hope everything goes well for Rocky tomorrow. He is such a gorgeous big bun, the photos of him are amazing but he's even better in the flesh. And his eye really doesnt seem that bad - i am so praying its not ETR and just needs some intensive therapy. I agree, ETR can be managed, but its an incredibly intense, chronic and expensive therapy so a major committment for anyone, especially for a foster bun. But lets just hope its not! xx

Thanks Vikki. Hes not big! :lol: Hes offended at that ;) Hes only 2.7kg so not much bigger than your babies. Ive currently got him inside on the bed for cuddles. Ive such a bad feeling that things arent going to be ok :cry:

Will text you tomorrow Vicky as soon as i know anything :( xXx

Thanks Vikki. Hes not big! :lol: Hes offended at that ;) Hes only 2.7kg so not much bigger than your babies. Ive currently got him inside on the bed for cuddles. Ive such a bad feeling that things arent going to be ok :cry:

Will text you tomorrow Vicky as soon as i know anything :( xXx

Really??? He looks a lot bigger than them! Kinda big and fluffyish for a medium sized bun! But i meant it all in a GOOD way! :love::love::love::love:

(feel free to chuck him in with my lot - i'll nurse him! :lol::lol:)

Really??? He looks a lot bigger than them! Kinda big and fluffyish for a medium sized bun! But i meant it all in a GOOD way! :love::love::love::love:

(feel free to chuck him in with my lot - i'll nurse him! :lol::lol:)

:lol: I may take you up on that tomorrow, you may just be going home with an extra bunneh, or 2 or 3 :lol: (only kidding btw) ;)

Your 3 are doing great :) I love 'em :love: xxx

:shock: I can bond a trio not sure about a 4, 5 or 6 :lol:. Next time Becky you can stay at the freezing cold, pitch black kennels with me. It's scary there on your own:oops::oops:.

Glad kylo and his girls are still ok.

:shock: I can bond a trio not sure about a 4, 5 or 6 :lol:. Next time Becky you can stay at the freezing cold, pitch black kennels with me. It's scary there on your own:oops::oops:.

Glad kylo and his girls are still ok.

:shock: We'd need a few of them little heaters :lol: I wouldnt fancy bonding Rocky, hes a fiesty little bunny, though he still isnt neutered as he hasnt been well enough :(

We aint bonding for anyone again Vicky, its too stressful! :lol: xXx

:shock: We'd need a few of them little heaters :lol: I wouldnt fancy bonding Rocky, hes a fiesty little bunny, though he still isnt neutered as he hasnt been well enough :(

We aint bonding for anyone again Vicky, its too stressful! :lol: xXx

I let the bunnies keep the heater, I thought they'd get cold.:oops::roll:

That wasn't stressful, they were perfectly well behaved. There was no chasing, fur pulling, boxing, nothing.

Aww I thought Rocky had been neutered before you got him, poor boy.

Back