• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trouble with Snowdrop

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have had to move Snowdrop out of our room. Neither of us are getting any sleep and she has turned into hormonal bunny from hell. She has started lunging at people if we go into her space (ie our bedroom) and is keeping us up all night by digging on the wooden flooring.

We have put her in an NIC set up in the spare room for a while and she still has tons of space but she is going mental. She HATES being caged and has been throwing herself at the sides of it trying to bash out.

I dont know what to do for the best but the neighbours keep complaining about the noise so we cant let let her stay free range in our room and we dont have outdoor accomodation here.

I am seriously considering trying to bond with Strawberry so she can go out with him when we move. Health wise she has been fine for a while now and she is incredibly fiesty (ask Jill who tried to bond her with Bungle!) so I dont think she would be bullied again!

Sorry just needed to rant, she has caused me so many sleepness nights recently.

Aw. :(

I wish I had some advice for you - but I'm no expert by any means. I really hope you get something sorted out though. I couldn't sleep with Jack in our room I know that.....

:shock::shock: I must be very lucky with my three in my room. They are as good as gold. I think a bunny friend is in order.

Snowdrop cant have a bunny friend, unless its Strawberry. We tried to bond her with Bungle and she was terribly aggressive, going for his underneath and really trying to hurt him. She is perfectly happy alone, does far more binkies and does alot better health wise.

If Strawberry goes out alone at the new house we are going to have to get him a partner and have the other 2 inside. I cant afford to take on 3 more bunnies for them to have a partner each at the minute.

Bungle has taken to weeing everywhere at the minute and Strawberry is as ever as destructive! I swear I am never having house bunnies again!

:shock: I thought she was a demure, well behaved girl!

Naughty Snowdrop, hope she settles down again. Maybe worth a try bonding her with Strawberry again - and that would save you taking on anymore buns for the time being too (which I think I remember you said you weren't too keen to do in an earlier thread).

I can hear her now in the attic room trashing about and banging the cage! Have everything crossed the neighbours dont knock on the door again!

Last night I sat holding her sobbing cos I just couldnt think of a way to keep her quiet and was exhausted.

Aww, I'm sorry :( You don't have much luck with bunnies being quiet and good at night. Hope Bungle is being a good boy for you at least.

Aww, I'm sorry :( You don't have much luck with bunnies being quiet and good at night. Hope Bungle is being a good boy for you at least.

Bungle is a darling, he loves his cage and will happily go back when its bed time. Everywhere is one big litter tray to him at the minute which is a pain but hoping he will grow out of it!

Strawbs is quiet as a mouse, he is staying at my Mums 15 miles away so cant hear him from here!

Hope Snowdrop is ok :? Sounds strange behaviour for her? Im glad her tummy problems are under control now :) Maybe bonding her with Strawbs is the best idea? xXx

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have any advice either :( Just wanted to send good luck vibes your way, fingers crossed she will settle down

Hope Snowdrop is ok :? Sounds strange behaviour for her? Im glad her tummy problems are under control now :) Maybe bonding her with Strawbs is the best idea? xXx

She used to be so flacid and timid. After her and Strawbs were spilt she has grown in confidence and now totally rules the place. She is so fiesty and grunts and boxes at anything that is in her way. She is attack the duvet in the night if it falls onto the floor and anything left lying n the floor she claims as hers and drags it under the bed.

She attacks blankets and soft toys, digging them, lunging at them and biting! She is a nutcase!

She used to be so flacid and timid. After her and Strawbs were spilt she has grown in confidence and now totally rules the place. She is so fiesty and grunts and boxes at anything that is in her way. She is attack the duvet in the night if it falls onto the floor and anything left lying n the floor she claims as hers and drags it under the bed.

She attacks blankets and soft toys, digging them, lunging at them and biting! She is a nutcase!

Sounds like shes getting like Strawbs!! :shock: Another Strawbs!! :lol: God help ya! Maybe with her new found confidence the bonding will be the best thing. It sounds as though shes feeling much better!!

Bungle is a darling, he loves his cage and will happily go back when its bed time. Everywhere is one big litter tray to him at the minute which is a pain but hoping he will grow out of it!

Strawbs is quiet as a mouse, he is staying at my Mums 15 miles away so cant hear him from here!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I bet your mum can hear him! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I'm pretty lucky with my two - I do get the odd night of being woken by a conti sitting on my head :lol: but generally they're very good at night. I love listening to the noise of hay nomming while I drift off to sleep :)

Sounds like shes getting like Strawbs!! :shock: Another Strawbs!! :lol: God help ya! Maybe with her new found confidence the bonding will be the best thing. It sounds as though shes feeling much better!!

I cant cope with another Strawberry!!!

She is definately feeling fine, and eating like a horse at the minute!

Back