• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trouble with Snowdrop

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have had to move Snowdrop out of our room. Neither of us are getting any sleep and she has turned into hormonal bunny from hell. She has started lunging at people if we go into her space (ie our bedroom) and is keeping us up all night by digging on the wooden flooring.

We have put her in an NIC set up in the spare room for a while and she still has tons of space but she is going mental. She HATES being caged and has been throwing herself at the sides of it trying to bash out.

I dont know what to do for the best but the neighbours keep complaining about the noise so we cant let let her stay free range in our room and we dont have outdoor accomodation here.

I am seriously considering trying to bond with Strawberry so she can go out with him when we move. Health wise she has been fine for a while now and she is incredibly fiesty (ask Jill who tried to bond her with Bungle!) so I dont think she would be bullied again!

Sorry just needed to rant, she has caused me so many sleepness nights recently.

to answer your points in the pm

Yes you could try her again if you think she has gained confidence..but you do risk the bullying :?
You won't know unless you try..
other option is to get her a friend..and Strawberry one too..and of course Bungle!!...

I can't have 6 rabbits, I just don't have the time, money or space for them.

Was up again with her all night, not sure how much more of this we can take!

in that case it is worth trying her with Strawberry..just keep as close eye on her over the first 4 weeks or so..
Weigh her before the intro to keep a check on her weight

in that case it is worth trying her with Strawberry..just keep as close eye on her over the first 4 weeks or so..
Weigh her before the intro to keep a check on her weight

Yep will do. Any chance you will be free to have a go over the next month or so? I daren't try myself after what you said Snow was like with Bungle, although they did bond very easily the first time and again after Snow was at the vets for a week.

hoping it goes well. you have loads of patience with your bunnies and you deserve things to go right.

We have had very similar with Womble recently. Due to spaying she has been seperated and was being extremely noisey and grumpy, rattling cage for hours at a time.

Although you may have this covered, What we have found that worked is just losts of toys and diff foods to keep her interested. We only hear a peep now at night (only time they put in cages) if she had nothing to do or wants some food. (and we get some sleep:))

It is hard and I (Stu) know that if I don't get my beauty sleep I am terrible :oops::oops::( and had to do something to stop her effecting me and Fi.

Please see all the ones we put together in the link below. Hope it works.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=221870

Also hiding and daggling food in diff places has worked. Hope I been some use

We had to get up in the night and put her back in our room. The noise she was making with the bars was like thunder!

She has loads of toys, things to nibble etc but she is still a madam. She sleeps all day and only ever makes noise when we are in the room so I know its attention seeking.

I am off work for 2 weeks now so am going to try putting her on the yard all day to burn off some exercise so she might sleep at night.

Back