• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just reserved a bunny!

georgie_f

Mama Doe
I just popped into the RSPCA to donate a couple of guinea pig cages and got talking to the lady at the desk about how I'd just lost old Margey. The lady actually remembered Marge (I adopted her 5/6 years ago) and told me all about how she'd been bought into the centre with babies after being used as a breeding rabbit for the first three years of her life. I never knew that before - Now I feel like I have grandchildren out there that I've never met! :shock::lol:

Anyway, I was telling her how Barley's now on his own and he seems a bit down, being aggressive towards me and stuff and I asked her for advice about how I could keep him happy... and the sneaky lady conned me into reserving him a new friend! :lol:

So I now have 'Cloud' reserved. A little seven year old blue dutch. :love: They had three single does looking for new homes, Cloud and two sisters named Silk and Satin - both 18 month old tri-coloured dwarf lops. I have to admit, I wasn't really planning on getting Barley a new friend because of his age but Cloud had been getting a lot of interest but no one wanted her once they found out she was old - so she's coming to live with meeeeeee! :D

I have to get my finger out my butt and sort them out with some 5* accomodation pretty rapidly now. How exciting!

That's so great. :D Lucky Cloud! It's so nice she'll get a new loving home. Even if people do consider her 'old'. (pish! :lol:)

That nice lady definitely saw you coming. ;)

Looking forward to an update and photos.

Lucky, lucky Cloud. And Barley. :)

:D There will definately be photos on the way! I should of taken a little piccie whilst I was at the RSPCA. :roll: Too busy cuddling to realise!

Cloud hasn't been neutered.... She was an RSPCA bunny apparently and had lost her own partner and been taken back in to be rehomed again. The lady said she'd be fine to live with a neutered male as she had done so before but I'm not sure if I should ask them to neuter her anyway?! I think they're worried about her age - However, she doesn't look like an 'old' bunny at all. Even the lady behind the counter seems convinced she's younger although the records of her being in the RSPCA before show that she would indeed be seven. :? She looks very fit and healthy (she has apparently just finished a course of medicine for mites in her ears though).

I'm off to B&Q later to order them a playhouse! :D:D:D

Back