• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just back from vet with Faith (spay) - still not eating

weedug

Mama Doe
And she is looking VERY sorry for herself :(. Not eating or drinking since she came home but it is early yet, I suppose. I had hoped that she would be slightly happier but then I suppose she has just had surgery. I do hope that she will pick up soon. It's so upsetting seeing her like this :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one of mine spayed last wednesday, it took 2 days before she got back to being herself. I was worried, but when i put her back in her hutch in the shed she seemed to pick up.

Just got my two back Lb has recovered rapidly from the plum removal,Lucy-lou is just laid snoozing atm.....not eaten or anything yet but it is a bigger op then for the boys,bless,hope all above ^ are doing well :)

Ah it is awful,i felt guilty that i put mine through it but its for their own good and she will be back to normal before you know it,hope she feeling more perky soon xx

Thanks for the replies. Faith is still just sitting sleeping. I had to put a vetbed (quite worn so no fluff) in for her as she couldn't sit down on the paper the vets recommended. I keep wishing that I didn't get her done, but sisnce she had already had 3 false pregnancies and she's only 9 months I didn't have much choice :cry:. I hope Lucy-lou is feeling OK.

Sending lots of good wishes. My Honey was done last Tuesday and just been to vets for check up tonight. I know how traumatic it is for us and the guilt we feel but is for the best. Keep an eye on the poos as well as eating as had to take Honey to the vets on Saturday as she seemed fine and was eating everything but hardly anything coming out the other end. Luckily after a couple of injections she was off and running so to speak.

Don't feel bad and try not too worry!!!:)

Glad Lucy-lou is eating a little! Faith is still sitting sleeping. She's not eaten or pooed yet. Will try to coax her again later. Thanks for the encouragement Susieb1. We have the vet tomorrow so if she hasn't picked up by then no doubt they will give her something.

Little Faith is still not doing too good this morning. She won't eat anything so I have started feeding her the recovery food I got yesterday. She was in pain this morning, with tooth grinding and just lying around. Thankfully I got extra pain relief to use at home and she seems a bit happier after having this, but still not eating or moving around. We have a check up at the vet later this morning so we will see if there is anything else they can suggest. Since she isn't moving around she will only drink from a saucer that I put to her mouth. She must be so scared too with all the new things happening to her, especially with her poor eyesight :cry:.

If anyone can think of anything else to do for her, I would be really grateful. Have tried all her favourites to eat, including grass I had grown indoors and herbs.

Sorry about the rant.

Oh no poor faith! Lucy-lou is eating but not moving around and she keeps squeaking when Lb goes near her and i don't know if it's cos she is in pain? i haven't seen her drink and she wouldn't have any from a bowl either! :?

Poor girl,have you tried actually getting her out to see if she moves around a little then? at least you have the pain relief to give her,good luck let us know how you get on. xx

Glad to hear Lucy-lou is feeling a bit better Claire. It is hard to know if she is in pain when she is squeaking at Lb or if she is just telling him to stay away!

Just back from the vet, without Faith :(. They are keeping her in to give her fluids and a load of other stuff. Said her wound looked a bit funny too, but not too bad. She's not pooed since last night, and that was only a little.

I've to collect her at 5, so hopefully she will have picked up by then.

Glad to hear Lucy-lou is feeling a bit better Claire. It is hard to know if she is in pain when she is squeaking at Lb or if she is just telling him to stay away!

Just back from the vet, without Faith :(. They are keeping her in to give her fluids and a load of other stuff. Said her wound looked a bit funny too, but not too bad. She's not pooed since last night, and that was only a little.

I've to collect her at 5, so hopefully she will have picked up by then.

oh no! :( at least they will be keeping a close eye on her and can give her anything she needs straightaway which is a good thing,hopefully they will get her livened up a little and she will be home by tonight,keep us updated won't you?!
I think Lucy-lou is just telling him to keep away actually as he has sprayed her a few times and she is not happy poor thing - lb is fine and dandy,wouldn't know he'd had anything done! :roll:

Well, Faith is home again. She seemed so much better when I collected her from the vet, but is now just sitting in her cage dozing. She has at least been moving about a little and has even managed a couple of pieces of hay and a tiny bit apple. She is just sniffing at her other food. She has been grooming herself too. No peeing or pooing since she left the vet though.

Mr Bubble and Lucky, our dog, keep going over to her cage to check on her. I have just let them as they normally potter about round her.

When i had Belle and Stew done Stew was quite poorly for a few days afterwards and Belle was like Faith for about 2 days,maybe a good nights rest and she may be up and about a bit more tomorrow?
Glad she is home though :love:

Back